Tordex Community

Full Version: True Launch Bar and Directory Opus - Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Yuri,

first of all, congrats to you for a great piece of software! TLB is one of the most valuable utilities I use. It's well worth its registration price. Smile

Unfortunately I discovered an annoying bug recently:

I use "Directory Opus" (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gpsoft.com.au/">http://www.gpsoft.com.au/</a><!-- m -->) to browse my files and folders. I configured it to completely replace the windows explorer shell (one of DO's greatest features imo). But now, when using TLB, the show-desktop-icon doesn't work anymore. I use this desktop shortcut very frequently and can't do without it.

Could you please look into this? DO and TLB are my favorite tools and I'd like to use them both at the same time. Wink

Regards
Florian V.
I have a hunch that this isn't related to TLB at all, but I need more information. What OS are you using? When you say "I configured it to completely replace the windows explorer shell", what exactly does that entail?

The default "Show Desktop" icon that comes with most Windows OS's is a shortcut to a proprietary (Microsoft) script that sends a command to the shell. If the shell is no longer configured as explorer.exe, then that script will fail to work as expected.

If this is the case, there are other alternatives you can use to recreate the lost functionality.
Hi shapeshifter,

I'm using Windows XP professional (no service packs).

It's like this: If I open a folder (any folder, even control panel or my computer), it's not opened with windows explorer, but with Directory Opus.

But it can't be this DirOpus feature alone, that causes the desktop shortcut not to work, because if I move this shortcut away from the TLB, to the desktop, or to any folder, it DOES work. So I figure it has something to do with the TLB.

regards
Florian V.
What is TLB version?
It's version 2.2.0.6 beta.
I dont want to be annoying, but are you looking into this?

Can I hope for a TLB version that works with DirOpus?

FloV
I've reproduced the bug and try to fix it in the next version.
Has this bug been fixed? The reason I ask is that I am having the same problem with the latest version of TLB and Dopus v6.2.5.10.

The strange thing is that if I enable the MS Quick Launch Bar the Show Desktop shortcut works fine! But it wont work in the TLB bar.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,