Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB problem after XP re-install.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Smile

I recently had to re-install XP Home on my system, and now cannot use the TLB shortcuts to most of my drives/partitions (a couple of shortcuts are still work properly though!??). Sad

This is the error message I receive when clicking:

[Image: error-message.gif]

I have tried deleting and re-creating the shortcuts, but the same problem occurs.

If I use the right-click menu option "open", the link opens normally.
If I use the right-click menu option "open", I get "Windows cannot open this file, xxxx.LNK".
The right-click menu for these shortcuts is also a bit messed-up (which I think relates to the same problem), two "Scan with Norton Antivirus" being present.

Thanks in advance. Wink
Please copy all these shortcuts to the desktop and try to run them. Also please send [b]XP Home
Thanks for the reply, Yuri. Smile

I'm using TLB v2.2.
I have dragged one of the faulty shortcuts, "XP Home (CSmile", to my desktop and noticed it was pointing to the wrong drive, "G:\". :0
The shortcut would work though, opening the "G" drive.
I changed it to point to "C" and it worked fine.
I dragged it back to TLB, and got the same error as reported in my first post.
So I tried deleting the shortcuts and re-creating them, but the problem persists. Sad
Here is a screen capture of the shortcut window.
("Find Target" works fine)

I have also noticed, under "Advanced Properties", "Run in separate memory space" is selected, and the whole window is greyed-out.

Thanks in advance.