Tordex Community
Mail Monitor Bug with Build 2.0 and older versions! - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Plugins bugs (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Mail Monitor Bug with Build 2.0 and older versions! (/thread-2832.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mail Monitor Bug with Build 2.0 and older versions! - gate1975mlm - 07-27-2007

[Image: th_48708_1a_122_136lo.jpg]

"Impossible to connect to server"

Hello I have had this issue for as long as I can remember.

Lots of times Mail Monitor is not able to check for e mail on the server. I get the error you see in the picture. MY e mail program is still able to check for e mail even though Mail Monitor can't.

I have Mail Monitor checking 2 accouts on comcast server.

Even when I right click on Mail Monitor to check for new e mail it still gives me this error. And then with out me doing anything it will start working again when it feels like it.

Can this be fixed? again I have had this issue for like as long as I can remember using Mail Monitor.

- Yuri Kobets - 07-27-2007

Are there any information in the connection log window?

- gate1975mlm - 07-27-2007

Update!

I just found out when Mail Monitor gives me the "Impossible to connect to server" to fix it I need to click on the mail monitor icon which opens my mail program then after I check for mail in my mail program Mail Monitor starts working again.

I hope maybe this new info can help you fix this bug that has been bugging me for a long time now.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Are there any information in the connection log window?

Next time I get the "Impossible to connect to server" i will check the connection log window.

the "Impossible to connect to server happens at randoms times all day long.

Quote:the "Impossible to connect to server happend at randoms times all day long.
Maybe you need to increase the timeout in the account settings?

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:the "Impossible to connect to server happend at randoms times all day long.
Maybe you need to increase the timeout in the account settings?

My time out is set to 120 seconds that should be more then enough.

I am sure this is a bug.

Quote:My time out is set to 120 seconds that should be more then enough.
agree :oops:

So, let's to wait the logs. BTW is this possible to get account on the comcast server for testing?

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:My time out is set to 120 seconds that should be more then enough.
agree :oops:

So, let's to wait the logs. BTW is this possible to get account on the comcast server for testing?

Do you mean my account info. My user name and password?

Quote:Do you mean my account info. My user name and password?
no! no! is this possible to create new account for me? So I can test MM with this server.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
no! no! is this possible to create new account for me? So I can test MM with this server.

Smile sure I can do that. Just give me a few mins. I will PM it to you.

[Image: th_53129_1b_122_1067lo.jpg]

Just got the error again. check out the photo.

I am even clicking on the check all e mail accounts over and over in the Mail monitor and it keeps giving me the same error.

Wants again as soon as I opened my mail program and it checked for e mail Mail Monitor also was able to check for e mail again.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:

PM sent Smile please let me know if you got it.

Password info sent

OK, thank you.

The error, I see in the logs, I get when I download something and my tiny bandwidth is over. When windows can't to find and connect server. What is your connection type? Do you use firewall or antiviruses that scan email?

Yuri Kobets Wrote:OK, thank you.

The error, I see in the logs, I get when I download something and my tiny bandwidth is over. When windows can't to find and connect server. What is your connection type? Do you use firewall or antiviruses that scan email?

My connection is Comcast Cable speed is over 1000/2000

My AntiVirus is Avast and I use the Window firewall built into Vista and also use a wireless router.