Tordex Community
Media Control v4.9 beta - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin features and improvements (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Media Control v4.9 beta (/thread-2992.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Media Control v4.9 beta - Yuri Kobets - 02-21-2008

Media Control v4.9 beta released

Download 32-bit version
Download 64-bit version

What's new in the beta version?
* This beta version is compatible with the Windows XP/Vista 64-bit Edition
* Most players supported via the single "Universal Player". All you need is install the player support add-in and slect Universal Player in the Media Control properties. So one Media Control can control some players.
* Now you can customize the song title you see on the Media Control plugin
* Rating support for most players

Custom title format

You can change the title format In the properties. The syntax is quite easy. Here is small example:

{?tracknum}{tracknum}. {?}{trackname}{?album} - {album}{?}{?year} [{year}]{?}{?artist} - {artist}{?}

This string generate the title like this:

4. The Unforgiven II - Reload [1997] - Metallica

There are two types of tags:

1. The text tag - the song tag name in the braces: {trackname}
2. The conditional tags - the song tag name in the braces with the question mark before name: {?album} The conditionsl tag must be closed by {?} tag. The text between conditional tags will be inserted into the title if the song tag is on empty only.

Default supported tag names:
* title
* album
* artist
* trackname
* tracktime
* genre
* year
* tracknum

Players support files for the beta version
WINAMP
Media Monkey
J.River Media Center and J.River Media Jukebox

Media Control plugin home page

- Belarathon - 02-23-2008

Yuri-

Is the player add-in (mc5-winamp) required for this plugin for Vista x64? That file does nothing when executed. Also, I'm finding the media player plug-in does little else except occupy space on the toolbar - doesn't seem to be working at all.

- Yuri Kobets - 02-23-2008

Quote:Is the player add-in (mc5-winamp) required for this plugin for Vista x64? That file does nothing when executed.
Yes it is required. I've updated the mc5-winamp, please download it again and install. Also note, in the properties of Media Control plugin, "Player" filed select the "Universal Player".

- Belarathon - 02-23-2008

Outstanding! That did the trick!

- timschat - 02-25-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Is the player add-in (mc5-winamp) required for this plugin for Vista x64? That file does nothing when executed.
Yes it is required. I've updated the mc5-winamp, please download it again and install. Also note, in the properties of Media Control plugin, "Player" filed select the "Universal Player".

It seems the Mediamonkey thing doesnt work. When I install the support file, I get an empty add-ins/player folder created but thats all about it. Running on Vista x64 Wink

- Yuri Kobets - 02-25-2008

timschat Wrote:It seems the Mediamonkey thing doesnt work. When I install the support file, I get an empty add-ins/player folder created but thats all about it. Running on Vista x64 Wink
Check the folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins

Is there the file named "gen_TlbRemoteMM.dll"? Maybe installation detected incorrect folder where Media Monkey installed?

Also one special note: MM not working with "MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe"

- timschat - 02-25-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
timschat Wrote:It seems the Mediamonkey thing doesnt work. When I install the support file, I get an empty add-ins/player folder created but thats all about it. Running on Vista x64 Wink
Check the folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins

Is there the file named "gen_TlbRemoteMM.dll"? Maybe installation detected incorrect folder where Media Monkey installed?

Also one special note: MM not working with "MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe"

gen_TlbRemoteMM.dll is there (folder is correct). I am using the regular .exe and I have selected "Universal Player". So what to do ?

Tested on Vista 64. Yes, there are some problems. MM don't see the tlbremote plugin. Try to run Media Monkey "as administrator", check the Options->Player->General Plug-ins. "Remote Control for True Launch Bar" must be there now. Close Media Monkey and open it normaly. This helped me.

- Belarathon - 02-25-2008

Yuri:

Notice the typo...

[Image: Payer.JPG]

Should be 'player' instead of 'payer.'

- timschat - 02-25-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Tested on Vista 64. Yes, there are some problems. MM don't see the tlbremote plugin. Try to run Media Monkey "as administrator", check the Options->Player->General Plug-ins. "Remote Control for True Launch Bar" must be there now. Close Media Monkey and open it normaly. This helped me.

Worked. Thx. Big Grin

Quote:Should be 'player' instead of 'payer.'
:oops: thanks.

- Belarathon - 02-25-2008

It happens to the best of us! :lol:

- Rhywun1 - 04-10-2008

Hi, how do I get this to work with WMP? I selected "Universal Player" and it doesn't work. I also entered the path to WMP ("C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe") and it still does nothing (except sometimes it brings WMP to the front). Please help Smile

- Yuri Kobets - 04-10-2008

Rhywun1 Wrote:Hi, how do I get this to work with WMP? I selected "Universal Player" and it doesn't work. I also entered the path to WMP ("C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe") and it still does nothing (except sometimes it brings WMP to the front). Please help Smile
Check the WMP options > Plugins. Is there the background plugin "True Launch Bar"?

- Rhywun1 - 04-11-2008

I think I found the problem - I had to restart WMP. After I restarted, the plugin appears as you describe and works fine - thanks!