Tordex Community
News Reader option - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin features and improvements (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: News Reader option (/thread-3033.html)

News Reader option - Saltire - 04-01-2008

Something I like to do when I arrive at work in the morning is to go through and see what new items there are from the various feeds I have set up for News Reader. What I generally do is go through each item and read the summary in the popup tooltip and if it sounds interesting then I click on it to open up the item in Internet Explorer to read later, once I have finished picking the items I want to read further. However each time I click on an item, News Reader menu closes and I have to open it up again and find where I was before clicking an item. What I would like is an option for New Reader to stay open until I move the mouse off the New Reader menu so that I can go through all items and click on each one I am interested in until I am done and then go read them in IE.

Regards
Brian.

Re: News Reader option - gate1975mlm - 05-14-2008

Saltire Wrote:Something I like to do when I arrive at work in the morning is to go through and see what new items there are from the various feeds I have set up for News Reader. What I generally do is go through each item and read the summary in the popup tooltip and if it sounds interesting then I click on it to open up the item in Internet Explorer to read later, once I have finished picking the items I want to read further. However each time I click on an item, News Reader menu closes and I have to open it up again and find where I was before clicking an item. What I would like is an option for New Reader to stay open until I move the mouse off the New Reader menu so that I can go through all items and click on each one I am interested in until I am done and then go read them in IE.

Regards
Brian.

Great idea!!! Smile

I would also really like this!

Please add this ASAP Smile

- gate1975mlm - 05-14-2008

Yuri can you add this also? Smile

- Yuri Kobets - 05-19-2008

The feature is added in version 3.0
To activate it set the script option into "Internet Explorer (background)". This must work Smile

- gate1975mlm - 05-20-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:The feature is added in version 3.0
To activate it set the script option into "Internet Explorer (background)". This must work Smile

I have selected "Internet Explorer (background)" and it was working for a while but all of a sudden its not working. Sad

Update

I switched to "default Script" then back again to "Internet Explorer (background)" and its working again.

It seems it needs some fixing.

- gate1975mlm - 05-20-2008

Its not working at all now Sad

- Saltire - 05-20-2008

Thanks for including my request into NewsReader 3. I installed it this morning and it worked great. However I am also now having the same issue with it stopping working. Initially I was able to resect the script and it worked again, but now it isn't working at all.
Hope you can find the issue,because I love the feature thanks.

Brian.

- Yuri Kobets - 05-21-2008

What you mean when say "isn't working at all"? Is it just close the menu or it don't open the news?

- gate1975mlm - 05-21-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:What you mean when say "isn't working at all"? Is it just close the menu or it don't open the news?

The menu is not staying open after clicking on a news feed.

- Yuri Kobets - 05-21-2008

Quote:The menu is not staying open.
That stupid IE always try to activate its window on URL opening. :evil:

Well, I'll try to find the solution.... hmm... how the malware open the IE windows :?:

- iam1ru12 - 07-13-2008

I don't know if it's my laptop or not, but it doesn't work for me. I don't use IE, only Firefox.

- Yuri Kobets - 07-15-2008

iam1ru12 Wrote:I don't know if it's my laptop or not, but it doesn't work for me. I don't use IE, only Firefox.
But is this possible to open IE and open some website?

- iam1ru12 - 07-15-2008

IE never opened. I think it is because my default browser is Firefox.