Tordex Community
True Launch Bar v4.2.4 RC1 - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: True Launch Bar v4.2.4 RC1 (/thread-3046.html)

True Launch Bar v4.2.4 RC1 - Yuri Kobets - 04-24-2008

True Launch Bar version 4.2.4 RC1 released

What's new:
* Global toolbar settings
* New localization system (compatible with x64 systems)
* "Disable toolbar overlap" option for menus
* Some minor changes
* Improved Windows Vista compatibility

Fixed:
* caption text cut
* Glass effect don't works well with the thumbnails
* "Disable glass effect" option is working on second menu opening only
* Impossible to activate toolbar by the keyboard

Download 32-bit version
Download 64-bit version

- kwickone - 04-24-2008

Yuri,

I am happy to see you still working on this AWESOME software!

I just re-installed Vista on my laptop. I then installed 4.2.4 RC1.

I am having an issue when I goto Appearance>Change Icon. I get the dialog that Windows Explorer is having an issue, then Windows Explorer completely restarts. This is consistent and happens everytime I try to change an icon.

Any thoughts?
Can I send you any log files or something to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-25-2008

kwickone Wrote:I am having an issue when I goto Appearance>Change Icon. I get the dialog that Windows Explorer is having an issue, then Windows Explorer completely restarts. This is consistent and happens everytime I try to change an icon.
Please try this:
1) Open regedit
2) Open the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\True Software\TrueLaunchBar
3) Delete the values:
SelectIconDlg IconSize
SelectIconDlg last folder
SelectIconDlg_height
SelectIconDlg_width

I'm not sure but maybe the problem is here. Also what the windows version you are using?

- kwickone - 04-25-2008

Thanks Yuri. I am running Vista Home Premium (with sp1).

I deleted those keys, and tried again, but got the same result. I will try again after a reboot here in a bit.

Thanks again.

- kwickone - 04-25-2008

That did not work Yuri.

Any other thoughts? I am available to test things today.

Thanks again.

- kwickone - 04-25-2008

FYI Yuri.

I just rolled back to the 4.2 release version and it works fine now.

When I did the uninstall of 4.2.4 RC1, I just did the Add/Remove Programs, but did not manually delete any folders.

I can still do some testing for you if you like. Just let me know.

kwickone,

Is there any error message. Maybe you can find the error text in the event viewer?

BTW, what is vista, 32 or 64 bit?

- kwickone - 04-25-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:kwickone,

Is there any error message. Maybe you can find the error text in the event viewer?

BTW, what is vista, 32 or 64 bit?
Sorry about that Yuri. I am usually better when I reply...and give lots of info.

32 bit Vista Home Premium.

I did find errors in the Application Log with Event ID 1000. Here is the message:

Faulting application Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47918e5d, faulting module tlb.dll, version 4.2.4.0, time stamp 0x480e413b, exception code 0xc0000094, fault offset 0x000368e6, process id 0x6f8, application start time 0x01c8a6e4febf5a31.

kwickone
Please can you test this version? To install it, close TLB log off/log on replace tlb.dll in the installation folder.

- kwickone - 04-25-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:kwickone
Please can you test this version? To install it, close TLB log off/log on replace tlb.dll in the installation folder.
That did the trick Yuri! It works now!

I guess it was something simple? With this new tlb.dll file, the icon browser shows up in a different location now (lower left vs lower right) but that does not bother me.

Thanks. Now I can use the cool Glass effects too.

Keep up the good work.

- kwickone - 04-26-2008

Another one for you Yuri. And sorry for hijacking your Announcement thread. I guess I should have started a new thread for this stuff.

Live and learn I guess.

Here is it: Since you gave me that new tlb.dll file, the Effects>Glass settings do not work. I can set Glass to "Full Glass", any %, or OFF. All my menus look with the setting is OFF.

Thanks.

- Yuri Kobets - 04-26-2008

Quote:Another one for you Yuri. And sorry for hijacking your Announcement thread. I guess I should have started a new thread for this stuff.
This is not a problem Smile

Quote:Here is it: Since you gave me that new tlb.dll file, the Effects>Glass settings do not work. I can set Glass to "Full Glass", any %, or OFF. All my menus look with the setting is OFF.
Please can you send me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->) the backup of your toolbar? I guess this bug depends of your settings, I can't to reproduce it.

- kwickone - 04-26-2008

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you send me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->) the backup of your toolbar? I guess this bug depends of your settings, I can't to reproduce it.

File sent.