Tordex Community
Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected. - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar plugins (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Plugin features and improvements (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected. (/thread-3907.html)

Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected. - mls - 03-17-2011

Hi Yuri, I want to use 2 drive space plugins to display a simple HDD text image for fixed disks and USB for removable disks.

For the USB drive I hid the fixed disk and it works fine except when the USB drive is disconnecte: it shows the drive icon in drvspace.dll which I don´t want.

Please add an option to hide the plugin when no drive is connected.

thanks,
-Paul

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 03-18-2011

Thank you for suggestion. I'll add this feature in the next version.

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 04-05-2011

in the version 5.1 the auto-hide is released.

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - mls - 04-19-2011

Hi Yuri, I tried the "Hide plugin if there are no drives to show" in v5.1 of the drivespace plugin but but it doesn't hide. Maybe it´s due to {default} always being in the drive list - you can't delete it and you can't hide it. I hid it by adding C: to the drive list and hiding that. So in fact in the drives list I have three entries:

1. {default}
2. G: (the USB drive)
3. C: hidden (the default drive)

thanks,
Paul

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 04-19-2011

Try to hide it manually for the first time (right-click it and select Hide).

BTW, what TLB version do you use?

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - mls - 04-20-2011

Hide the {default} drive?

I´m using the latest TLB v5.4

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 04-20-2011

Quote:Hide the {default} drive?
Unplug the USB flash drive, then right-click the Drive Space icon and select "Hide" in the menu.
But I guess this will not help.

Please can you send me (attach it here or send to <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tordex.com">support@tordex.com</a><!-- e -->) the file "Drive Spave.tlbplugin" (name can be other). Just drag the Drive Space and drop it on the desktop (hold down CTRL key to make a copy). Also tell me what the drives letters are in your system. I'll test DS with your configuration.

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - mls - 04-21-2011

File attached with the extension .txt in order to attach successfully.

C: Fixed HDD
G: Flash drive
D:, E: DVD/CD drives

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 04-21-2011

Please can you try this version?

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - Yuri Kobets - 04-21-2011

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you try this version?

I've make some changes. Please can you try this updated version. Check in the Drive Space about page. Version must be 5.1.0.2.

Re: Drive Space: Hide the drive icon when no drive connected - mls - 04-21-2011

Both the versions work but the option "Hide plugin if there are no drives to show" doesn't make any difference in either version- the plugin is always hidden when there are no drives. But that's fine for me, I can't think of an instance where I would want the icon to display - so you could simply remove the option now.

Thanks Yuri!