Tordex Community
[released] Text wrapping for icon labels? - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: [released] Text wrapping for icon labels? (/thread-4644.html)

Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 04-13-2014

Hi,
Under Options > Menu > General, I have activated the "Menu items label word wrap" option. However, the text under any icon in TLB is displayed in a single line and is truncated. I have I misunderstood this option -- is it for something else in TLB?
I would like the text labels under icons to be displayed over 2 lines at least.
Please advise.
Thanks.

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Yuri Kobets - 04-15-2014

This option works for "Default" view mode only (yet).

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 04-17-2014

OK, I see. Would like to see this option available for "Icon with Text" mode in a future version. Wink If we could also specify the max number of rows to display text over - that would be be even more awesome.
Thanks.

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Yuri Kobets - 04-18-2014

In the next version the word wrap will be supported for all view modes.
Also I'll try to add the number of text lines option.

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 07-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 07:53 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: In the next version the word wrap will be supported for all view modes.
Also I'll try to add the number of text lines option.

Awesome. I see it available in the 6.6.x betas. Smile Looking forward to the official release.
Thank you, Yuri. Smile

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 10-17-2014

Hey Yuri.
Feature is working great in v7.0. Thanks so much for adding it. Smile

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 10-26-2014

Hi Yuri.
I have noticed that there is a huge difference in the width of each item in the toolbar when text wrapping is turned on and off.
When text wrapping it turned off, the width of each icon together with the text underneath is approx. 60 pixels (according to my settings), and when I turn on text wrapping the width of each icon and its text is about 200 pixelsm which is really ugly. I have tried every single setting I can't find how to return the width to 60 pixels when text wrapping it activated.
Please can you tell me how to do it?

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Yuri Kobets - 10-28-2014

Thank you for pointing this out. TLB incorrectly calculates the width of the text. I've prepared the fixed version. Please can you test the text wrapping with this version.

Thank you.

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - Viper_21 - 10-29-2014

v7.0.0.4 fixes the issue. Smile Thanks for taking care of this so quickly.

RE: Text wrapping for icon labels? - danmeek - 01-25-2016

The placement of this option in the TLB Settings does not make sense. Checking the box "Menu items label word wrap" does not apply to any Menu; no menus are changed. This option applies to the Toolbar, because it makes the toolbar look different. This option should be in TLB Settings under Toolbar/General.
When I change to wrap text labels, it inserts a significant vertical space between each of my folders shown in the toolbar. This uses up too much space and appears to be not necessary.