Tordex Community
True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta (/thread-4674.html)

Pages: 1 2

True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Yuri Kobets - 07-15-2014

True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta is released.

What's new:
  • Now it is possible to use True Launch Bar in portable mode.
  • Added additional margins for menu items into Customize Menu dialog box.
  • Improved convertion of the menu layout data (tlbdata.xml) into new format.
Fixed:
  • Incorrect menu tag size with zero length.
  • Incorrect menu tag position for menu docked to the bottom.
  • Some visual problems when "auto-hide" and "auto-close" options are both turned on.
  • Hotkey for the "rest items" menu is not working correctly.
  • Some problems with Standalone TLB on High DPI screens on Windows 8.
  • Some minor bugs fixed.

If you want to try the portable mode

Download the 32-bit or 64-bit (the same as your Windows version) package:
Download 32-bit portable package
Download 64-bit portable package

unzip it into any folder and run tlbhost.exe. With the portable mode you can use True Launch Bar in standalone version only. It is impossible to open portable True Launch Bar on the taskbar.

The packages include all plugins. You can delete the unused plugins from the folder plugins.

Download True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta

Beta version home page

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 07-16-2014

omg omg omg!!!!!!
Finally portable package. thank you so much Yuri!

I cannot seem to get plugins to work. Adding plugins doesn't do anything??

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Yuri Kobets - 07-17-2014

Quote:I cannot seem to get plugins to work. Adding plugins doesn't do anything??
Thank you very much for bug report. I've updated the portable packages. Or download this ZIP with updated files only. Please let me know is the bug with plugins is fixed or not.

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 07-17-2014

yes i can confirm so far it works with plugins. Yuri thank you so much for this!

Hi Yuri,
Plugins do work now. However, I am finding another problem. I don't see "Background Transparency" working at all. Shifting from Opaque to Transparent has no effect on any skin. Is this a bug?

Also, can we get a white-lettered version of Uptime plugin? There is only black and hard to read on black toolbar Sad

Quote:Plugins do work now. However, I am finding another problem. I don't see "Background Transparency" working at all. Shifting from Opaque to Transparent has no effect on any skin. Is this a bug?
I guess you want to change the toolbar transparency. You have to open TLB Settings and set the transparency in Toolbar->Appearance (see the attached screenshot).

The "Background Transparency" in the Toolbar Properties works for toolbar background defined in "TLB Settings->Toolbar->Colors and Fonts" and for toolbar overlay image.

Quote:Also, can we get a white-lettered version of Uptime plugin? There is only black and hard to read on black toolbar
The "Digital White" is pre-installed. Also you can find some skins in the skins library.

Yuri, I am sorry I made a mistake. I meant IP add "Real IP" plugin, NOT uptime plugin.

Also, changing the background now worked once I went to "Color and Fonts". This is so, so wonderful. TLB is back to my default!

Quote:Yuri, I am sorry I made a mistake. I meant IP add "Real IP" plugin, NOT uptime plugin.
For the "Real IP" plugin the standard way is working: Right click plugin, select Appearance->Text Color and clic one of the predefined colors or "More colors..." to select any other color.

Also you can select the default text color for toolbar:
TLB Settings->Toolbar->Colors and Font
for menus:
TLB Settings->Menu->Colors

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 07-21-2014

Wow, I haven't even noticed that Yuri. Thanks! It worked. Big Grin Goes to show you how powerful TLB is Smile

Anyways, wanted to add in one more bug/issue report. The registration on TLB is not portable, even in the beta. However, because I used your previous directions of having a filename in the same dir as tlbhost.exe tlb.ini with following code:
Code:
[LICENSE]
PortableKey=

It works with this, but the regular user may not know this. Is it possible to program TLBhost.exe to make an INI for the registration once it is successfully registered?
Thanks again for this. It makes a big, big difference for me here.

One more thing, I don't see Keystate plugin inside of the right-click > new > plugins menu. However, I see it in D:\Applications\Truelaunchbar\plugins\keystate. Does TLB restrict the # of entries? What is going on?

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Yuri Kobets - 07-24-2014

Quote:Anyways, wanted to add in one more bug/issue report. The registration on TLB is not portable, even in the beta.
I've tested and checked code. Looks like all OK. The license key is saved inside "profile" folder only. Am I missing something?

Quote:One more thing, I don't see Keystate plugin inside of the right-click > new > plugins menu. However, I see it in D:\Applications\Truelaunchbar\plugins\keystate.
Keystate is not working in standalone TLB. It is working when TLB is on the taskbar only.

Quote:Does TLB restrict the # of entries?
Is this about items name?

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 07-25-2014

Ok, maybe I make mistake. I thought it would save in base directory.

Keystate - is it possible to make this work standalone? It's not end of the world obviously, but is there some technical limitation?

I thought maybe TLB restricted the number of stuff to show in the 'new' menu -- and that's why keystate wasn't showing up.

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 08-09-2014

Hi Yuri,
I just reinstalled Windows 8.1 two different times and both times TLB host did not load with all of the items I had configured.

I guess I am very confused on how it's pulling its data. Is TLB still using registry of any kind? I couldn't find any folders or files from Tordex in /Roaming /Application Data, etc.., so that leaves registry. I searched the registry and couldn't find anything.

So the question remains: why didn't TLBhost launch with all of my custom settings that I had (with my plugins etc.). I had to manually 'restore' the last backup. I am not sure why I had to do that, since isn't this all portable? Shouldn't all the settings be saved inside of the folder itself and be self-contained?

Does this make any sense? Another weird thing is that Network Monitor did not "hide" the connections like I specific with the previous install.

Here's the pic:
[Image: RY9bsBp.jpg]

I can RAR the profile directory which contains the following files:

options.xml
standalone.xml
standalone1.xml (why is there this one??)

I can also send my entire TLBhost directory, RARed, if this would help you. It contains my registration information in an INI file, but since you have
all that info, I don't think it matter Smile

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Yuri Kobets - 08-09-2014

This problem with the toolbar folder - it is not "true" portable. By default TLB uses the folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Also it is possible to swich into any other folder outside the profile, so reinstalling windows will not take effect to this toolbar folder.

But I guess the "true" portable way is keep toolbar folder inside the installation. I guess I'll add the folder "toolbars" into portable package and all subfolders will be listed in the "Switch toolbar" automatically.

Quote:standalone1.xml (why is there this one??)
Not sure but looks like you've tried to select the tlb installation folder as toolbar folder and make a copy of file (drag&drop).

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - sevbsn - 08-09-2014

OMG Yuri, you're right of course.

I found the following folder with a bunch of non-portable items!
C:\Users\tlbtest\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Quote:. I guess I'll add the folder "toolbars" into portable package and all subfolders will be listed in the "Switch toolbar" automati

Oh please o please do so. I think this is last thing left to make TLBhost truly portable! I can test for you anytime you release a revised version. Just post here and I will get email about it please!

RE: True Launch Bar v6.6.5 beta - Yuri Kobets - 08-18-2014

version 6.6.7 RC1 is released