Tordex Community
'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Printable Version

+- Tordex Community (http://forum.tordex.com)
+-- Forum: True Launch Bar (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Features Discussion (http://forum.tordex.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' (/thread-4767.html)

'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - gks - 02-11-2015

Hi Yuri,

We can change the 'Font color' for a Menu-ITEM but i could not find any way to 'Highlight' a menu-ITEM by applying a highlighting-strip on it. But i could not find any way to do so. In my view - if the font color can be applied to a menu-Item (static / dynamic) - there should not be any problem in applying the 'highlighting strip' on it.

As we all know, in most of the cases - the visibility of highlighted items is much more than the items with different font colors.

Please see the attached image to see what i mean, It has 2 items with different font-colors and 3 items with highlighting-strips and in my view the visibility for highlighted-items seems more comfortable to find out / catch attention - for large menus, especially.

So could you please think over the possibility to add one more option for applying the 'highlighting strip' on a menu-Item, i hope that it is not a very delayed request for next release :-) (if not already implemented).

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Q Section - 02-13-2015

Basically you would like to request an option to select different highlight colours per item. Is this correct?

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - gks - 02-13-2015

Actually what i thought was a Sub-set of "different highlight colours per item feature" , thinking that applying different "Background" color for each item might be a big task,
So i attached my request with the property of 'Text' written in the menu item and applying highlight to it in the similar way as 'font-color' is applied to it.
(may be i was wrong in thought-process as i'm a comparatively new user and not aware of implementation details)

But Yes, if we can have different highlight colours per item, i would consider it as a superset for my request - the above requirement would be fulfilled and even more can be achieved :-)

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Q Section - 02-14-2015

Very good. The difference is understood. Let us hope Yuri will say it would not be too difficult to do.

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Yuri Kobets - 02-16-2015

This is very old request and I've make a 90% work to release this feature, but stopped for an unknown (now) reason Blush

I'll add this feature into the next version. Thank you for requesting this feature.

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Yuri Kobets - 02-17-2015

Attached the screenshot with requested feature. Looks nice Smile

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Q Section - 02-17-2015

Quite a good show, Yuri! Astounding, actually.
Hopefully the suggestion here to allow the background to look like the following will be incorporated in the next version.

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - gks - 02-20-2015

Superb Yuri

This will be really helpful especially in case of large-size menus

Now waiting for the next version . . . . (if any indication, when should be expect it to come out . . . . :-) )

Also please provide your views on this request ->
http://forum.tordex.com/thread-4768-post-21992.html#pid21992

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - danmeek - 09-13-2015

Is this feature still under development? Or is it subsumed by the recent addition of changing background color per item?

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Yuri Kobets - 09-13-2015

it is released.

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - danmeek - 10-28-2015

I do not see how to use this new feature. It appears to be the same as the new background color function. How it is different? How do I find it?

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Yuri Kobets - 10-29-2015

Yes, it is a background color, but for single item. You can change the background color via right-click Appearance->Background Color (screenshot 39.png) or using the Buttons Properties (screenshot 40.png).

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - danmeek - 10-29-2015

Please clarify. It seems that there is a "background color" feature but that there is not a "highlight color" feature. Is that right?

RE: 'Highlighting Strips' on Menu-ITEMS alongwith already implemented 'Font Color' - Yuri Kobets - 10-29-2015

Yes, this is "background color". But I guess this is the same as "highlight color" looking on the first post.