Started by STi Sev

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
STi Sev

63 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2003
03-15-2004, 05:39 PM -
Yuri,

Can you easily put an option in TLB to kill the start menu? ObjectDock has a feature like this, and TLB would benefit greatly from it.

I hate having to run two processes (start killer).

Also, startkiller tends to crash explorer extensively. (no official bug report yet)
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
03-21-2004, 11:52 AM -
Quote:Also, startkiller tends to crash explorer extensively
Never had a crash running startkiller. Forgotten about the start menu completely.
V-Man

10 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2004
03-30-2004, 12:43 AM -
Maybe combining StartKiller and PressStart into an actual TLB plugin would be a good idea.

To kill the Start button, you'd simply add a plugin instance to a TLB toolbar. Clicking on this new toolbar button would show the start menu. If you really didn't want any button to show the Start menu (ie only available through Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F12 like StartKiller allows) you could simply hide the button in TLB. Finally, the Start button should probably reappear whenever all such plugins are removed or their toolbars closed.
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-30-2004, 04:26 AM -
I think that's a great idea!
Having a plugin with functionality of both startkiller and presstart.
That would also save the loading time of presstart.exe (especially the first time it's used), since the plugin ITSELF can invoke the start menu... and I think when you customize the startbutton you always want to hide the original start button, so it seems logical to combine the two programs into one plugin...

Add my vote!
Hmm, maybe this would be better in plugins subforum...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta