"Programs" folder
Started by Rhywun

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Rhywun

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2003
09-08-2004, 07:31 AM -
There is a "Programs" folder that keeps appearing in my "Quick Launch" folder and therefore in my TrueLaunch bar, and Windows won't let me delete it. I already have an assigned "Programs" folder under my "Start Menu" folder that Windows uses to store my shortcuts. Why do I have another one under "Quick Launch" and how do I get rid of it??? Thanks.
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
09-08-2004, 07:50 AM -
Does that 'Programs' folder in your QuickLaunch contain any files or subfolders? If so, please post the names here...

You might want to check the following keys in your registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
Verify the "Programs" string...

and here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
Verify the "Common Programs" string...

If any of these contain your QuickLaunch location, programs will create this Programs folder in your quicklaunch to store their shortcut icons...

Anyway, I think this is unrelated to TLB... Wink
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Rhywun

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2003
09-08-2004, 10:05 AM -
Found it. There was an entry for "Administrative Tools" pointing to a subfolder of this "Programs" folder under "Quick Launch". All I had to do was point it where it belongs, and all is well. Thanks... Funny how Tweak UI lets you set only *some* of these special folders....

I wonder if I had used a plugin to add the Programs folder to TLB? (It was a long time ago.) If so, that plugin doesn't work quite right.