Locking Toolbar to Left of Screen...(Another Question)
Started by UK2K

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
UK2K

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-18-2005, 04:53 AM -
Hi,

Continued my testing today and have come across another feature which appears to be missing.

I require that the toolbar sits on the left side of the screen, and not on the main taskbar. I am able to drag the toolbar to left of the screen and am happy to see that it docks. however, even with the option 'Lock toolbar' It allows me to resize and shape the whole toolbar on the left of the screen by placing the mouse to the edge of the bar and dragging it to the center of the screen, I am trying to setup this up so that my users would find it very difficult to manipulate the toolbar in anyway shape or form.

Also.. if a user closes the toolbar and tries to re-open it, the toolbar goes back to the bottom of the screen in the taskbar, not back to the left of the screen where I closed it from.

SO.. what I'm looking to do is have the toolbar locked and docked to the left side of the screen and make it un-dragable or resizeable. I would also like to know how I can set it so that when a user opens the toolbar it goes straight to the left side of the screen and not into the taskbar.

I'm sounding very demanding lol, but this toolbar has the customization features I have been longing for.. it's just a shame that i'm difficulty with these couple of issues.

Thanks in advance,
Stuart

P.S I'm using the new 3.2.4v
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-18-2005, 06:58 AM -
Generally what you are basically looking for is to assert XP Pro Administrator security/permissions to True Launch Bar. There may be further settings within Windows Administration to allow/disallow some of these things. Perhaps Yuri is also working on more administrative rights management.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-18-2005, 11:48 AM -
We discussed this question alredy some later. TLB uses the same technology as Quick Launch uses. Microsoft assumes that desktop toolbars (this is the other name for TLB) are used only inside user account. User can create/delete/close etc. If you are using XP Pro or Win 2000 Pro you can disable many of these operations using Group Policy Editor.

Also generally the behaviour of toolbar depends of Windows itself. TLB cannot controll many options like auto-hide etc. This is possible but it make TLB unstable because I must to use non standard methods.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com