[REQ] Volume Control: mouse-wheel, sound feedback, more...
Started by ACiDbaby

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
ACiDbaby

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2005
04-30-2005, 11:55 AM -
Version of "Volume Control" in use as of initial time of this post.
  • Requested Improvements:
    Features in red are absolutely necessary. Italics for Optional Suggestions to a feature.

• Allow skinners to define the icons for specific sliders. Having to resort to tooltips to tell the difference between the sliders is annoying, IMHO.
  • Mouse-wheel support. After having clicked on a slider and/or hovering a slider, allow mouse-wheel scroll to adjust that slider. [1] option to enable user-defined scroll increments (0-100% per tick).
  • Audio feedback. Like Windows' volume controls, a sound will play after moving the slider.
  • Textual feedback. Display a slider's percentage that can also reflect changes in real-time. [1] briefly swap slider icon with text only during volume changes. [2] alternate options to set where (and when) for it to appear on a slider.
  • Option: icon orientation. To make the icons appear at the opposite end of the slider. Enabling on vertical layouts makes the icon appear above the slider(s) instead.
  • Option: slider size. I'd like to be able to define the length of the sliders. [1] auto-resize to width/height of menu/toolbar [1a] define max and min sizes.[/list:u]
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
04-30-2005, 01:51 PM -
Quote:Features in red are absolutely necessary
Wow absolutely necessary

Yep you're right Yuri should drop everything else he's working and get right on this because as you say it's absolutely necessary Confusedhock:
ACiDbaby

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2005
04-30-2005, 02:35 PM -
Doug Smith Wrote:
Quote:Features in red are absolutely necessary
Wow absolutely necessary

Yep you're right Yuri should drop everything else he's working and get right on this because as you say it's absolutely necessary Confusedhock:

... I didn't mean it like that. I meant that those are the things that I consider as absolutely necessary, in other words, highly desirable. It had crossed my mind that some might take those two words too literally, but doubted that anyone would actually gripe about it exclusively. My apologies. I'll try to word things more carefully next time. :jive:
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-30-2005, 03:11 PM -
to make mouse-wheel support I must to change TLB. Currently TLB does not support mouse-wheel for plugins. In the next version this support will be released and the first plugin with mouse-wheel will be volume control.

Other features will be released too. Maybe some later. Thank you for suggestions.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com