What if I un-Install and Re-Install TLB(Via Control Panel)
Started by Texan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
05-23-2005, 12:55 PM -
Will I lose all my settings?????

I need to un-install TLB to "insure" it and other programs are not causing some conflicts........

1. My animated GIF files are no longer animated
2. Explorer "explodes" (Screen goes BLACK) four/five times a day
3. Certain programs that have "drop-down" windows no longer display correctly.....................

I believe that either TLB 3.26 and/or a plug in or two has a conflict with some other installed programs. My delema, however, is that I have TLB set up to operate exactly like I like it, and it's taken me "WEEKS" of tweaking........................

What I'd like to be able to do............is REMOVE TLB.........test for two days and then re-enstall; but preserve ALL of my settings???

Can this be easily done??

Thanks in advance..........................
Texan
ozxar

241 posts 57 threads Joined: Jan 2004
05-23-2005, 10:33 PM -
You can always Save The Toolbar and its settings using the Backup Toolbar feature

FAQ Link

Note: Icons and images are only saved if you ticked the Save Icon with Toolbar when you change a buttons icon or a menu's overlay image.
Also plugin skins/images are not saved with the toolbar, but what you can do is zip the files you want to keep and place them in the folder named \Quick Launch\~~images~~\ then they are saved along with the rest of your icons