Started by Jadde

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 posts in this topic
Jadde

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2018
02-28-2018, 12:57 PM -
No upgrades since the long time.
I remember few years ago upgrades were very often.
It seems this project is dead and an autor has dropped it Sad
Do you know any other similar tool?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-15-2018, 09:04 AM -
I'm sorry for long delay with updates. I'll try to speedup work on TLB Confused
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
spalek93
spalek83

26 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2010
03-17-2018, 04:25 PM -
(02-28-2018, 12:57 PM)Jadde Wrote: No upgrades since the long time.
I remember few years ago upgrades were very often.
It seems this project is dead and an autor has dropped it Sad
Do you know any other similar tool?

Nothing exists like TLB.
lakso

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2015
03-24-2018, 04:10 AM -
Hej Yuri,

Take all the time you need, we are happy to see that you continue to support and develop this amazing application.
/ Esko Lakso
DocCruncher

115 posts 21 threads Joined: Oct 2009
03-24-2018, 06:33 AM -
(03-24-2018, 04:10 AM)lakso Wrote: Hej Yuri,

Take all the time you need, we are happy to see that you continue to support and develop this amazing application.
/ Esko Lakso
I'm with you on that one.

TLB has always been one of my top five Windows programs of all time. It is one of the very first program I install after a new Windows install.

Can't live without it.

Cheers;
Doc
This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 11:08 AM by DocCruncher.
Sniper

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2018
03-30-2018, 03:31 PM -
Even though this application hasn't been updated in a while, I think it's awesome. It gives my Windows the perfect look. Plugins could use some updates but the app itself, for me is perfect so as long as it keeps working with future version of windows.
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
08-01-2018, 03:02 AM -
TLB is a program that is crucial to making Windows tolerable.
kwickone

49 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2005
08-01-2018, 07:13 AM -
Agree Sniper! The core still works great. I am finding many/most plugins are not skinned for high DPI screens, like my Surface Book. Really hope we get some skinners working soon!
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
08-17-2018, 04:47 AM -
Dead??? Not even close!

It's still one of the finest programs ever connected to the Windows OS, and I depend on it daily, heavily. Just the other day, I was creating a new shortcut, then assigning it a hot key (one that Windows won't accept unless I go through the TLB), and then *hiding* it ... and I said to myself, "Self, this is an absolutely fantastic application!"
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
SolihullRog

13 posts 7 threads Joined: Jan 2015
01-15-2019, 03:46 PM -
Of course it's dead.

I bought it years ago. It's concept was good, but it was raw, had bugs, and several areas of code that just didn't work as expected and weren't properly documented.

Several years later, it's concept is good, but it is raw, has bugs, and several areas of code that just don't work as expected and aren't properly documented.

Yesterday's technology.

I'm gone

Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

01-15-2019, 04:35 PM -
(01-15-2019, 03:46 PM)SolihullRog Wrote: Yesterday's technology.
I'm gone
Well, bidding farewell to a valuable asset is not always the wisest course. TLB works in every way I want it to (and many of my ways are super complex), and I always wonder whether those who find flaws in its architecture actually understand how to make it play the symphonies it's capable of playing. It's not the easiest application to master, but once it's mastered, it performs like a one-man orchestra. I have no idea how I'll manage to make any version of Windows dance to MY OWN tune without TLB.
I wish you well, but I hope you'll come back, try again, and discover that TLB just WORKS.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
01-18-2019, 07:21 PM -
TrueLaunchBar was ahead of its time when it came out and remains in the lead for customisation for the purpose for which it is intended. Nothing else even comes close.

It seems there are some who think that if an application or programme is not updated for a long time then it is dead. Well sometimes said programme works so well updates are few and far between.

In Europe businesses often do not think that there is a necessity to expand and grow all the time in order to be successful but in certain other places it is believed that if a business does not continue to grow and expand then it is not considered successful and investors pull out of it. It all depends on the focus - if it is money or quality of product that is the goal. (This is meant as an example of a principle.)

Best regards.
This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 07:28 PM by Q Section.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
JoeFango

11 posts 3 threads Joined: Mar 2016
01-27-2019, 05:25 AM -
I think Yuri have other priorities now and the development is slower than before. Also because he mades an awesome piece of software and almost all the needed features are there with just little trivial bugs...
Maybe TLB would need some fresh themes (more modern). I tried a bit to make one but I don't have enough time to dedicate at this task
Bender

38 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2001
12-06-2019, 05:14 PM -
Well i just logged in and "You last visited: 11-15-2011" that says something for me. True Launchbar which i have never stopped using has been doing what i needed it to do for quite a long time.

It got updated over the years with features and it got updated when it was required (to remain compatible with Windows versions and upgrades.

Seeing development slowing down is nothing i would consider a bad thing.

To be honest i hate it when authors start to put tons of things into their software that they just do to be able to release a new version with x features.
Look at the features discussions there is not so much going on really these days.

So in my opinion this software is not dead but just mature. Wink

Good job Yuri.

regards,
Bender
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

12-06-2019, 05:40 PM -
(12-06-2019, 05:14 PM)Bender Wrote: Good job Yuri.

No, GREAT job, Yuri!

Dan, who's been using and relying on TLB for twenty years.
Wisewiz