Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
08-17-2018, 03:48 AM -
My Mail Monitor is currently set up this way: When the monitor checks the mail and finds new messages, my plain mail monitor icon (no mail) changes to another icon (mail!) and shows the number of messages. When I click the "mail" icon, my mail reader opens and loads my new messages, and the "mail" icon reverts to the "no mail" form (with no number-of-messages indicator).

I would like to set a hot key to trigger the "mail" icon to do its assigned job: open the mail reader and revert to the "no mail" form without any number-of-messages indicator. I just haven't been able to figure out how to set up the shortcut so that I can set a hot key for it.

Anybody (Yuri especially!) have any ideas?
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-17-2018, 09:29 AM -
You can set hotkey in the Mail Monitor properties. See the attached screenshort, I've marked the hotkey field.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
08-17-2018, 09:41 AM -
Thanks, Yuri. I knew that was there, and I had it set with a hotkey, but I thought it only opened the mail reader, and didn't change the icon back to "no mail." I guess I hadn't really tried it. It works exactly the way I want it to work.

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. Thanks again.

Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.