Want Toolbar that Incororates 2 Folders
Started by danmeek

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

3 posts in this topic
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
10-02-2018, 04:30 PM -
I would like the ability to have a toolbar incorporate 2 folders.

For example, the Windows desktop shown for any user actually derives from at least 2 folders:

c:\users\[username]\desktop
c:\users\public\public desktop

I want one toolbar to incorporate all items from both of those folders.

Yes, I could make 2 toolbars: one for each folder. But then the items within each toolbar would sort separately. I want them to sort together.

Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-08-2018, 11:39 AM -
Do you want the toolbar with desktop content? TLB can show content of user and public desktop in virtual folder only.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
danmeek

10-28-2018, 05:36 PM -
I do not understand your question. I stated in my post what I want. I do not know what you mean by "desktop content." Nor do I understand why you are telling me something about a virtual folder.

I make the toolbar containing the desktop icons by pointing it to the location of the pinned icons in Windows 10, which is C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar. Is that a "virtual folder"? I do not know.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2018, 05:39 PM by danmeek.
danmeek

10-28-2018, 06:36 PM -
My specific reason for wanting to display 2 folders into one toolbar is solved by TLB in a different way. I see that I can right click in any toolbar and choose New - Menu - Predefined - Desktop. This creates a menu that includes all of the desktop icons, regardless of their source.

This is a very powerful way to replace the icons on the Windows desktop. I can show just the icons or icons with text or just the text of each desktop item. I prefer just the text. I can sort the items reliably, unlike in Windows desktop.