Qestions about My Recent Documents
Started by BizCoach

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
BizCoach

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2008
03-14-2008, 04:00 AM -
Q1 - I added a new menu using predefined, My Recent Documents. When I open it, the list is huge! It contains lots of folders and dozens of documents I've used going back weeks.

Q2 - I tried it again wanting to add it as a sub-menu to another one I have. This time it ended up on the task bar not the menu, so I moved it over. Now it only has 3 items in it: namespace.fld, setup.ini, tlbdata.xml

Q3 - in all cases when I right click and choose properties (trying to change the size of the icons) I get a windows dialog like I'd get for the properties of a windows short cut - not the TLB properties.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-14-2008, 06:48 AM -
Quote:Q1 - I added a new menu using predefined, My Recent Documents. When I open it, the list is huge! It contains lots of folders and dozens of documents I've used going back weeks.
It is possible to use the TLB filters to customize this menu. Right-click in the menu select "Customize menu", Then "Filtering folders" tab at the left side of the dialog box. Set the option "Files modified during last" into the number of days you want to see the history.

To hide the folders set the option "Files mask to show" into
Code:
*.*.lnk

This will show the files with extensions only. No shortcuts to the folders.

Quote:Q2 - I tried it again wanting to add it as a sub-menu to another one I have. This time it ended up on the task bar not the menu, so I moved it over. Now it only has 3 items in it: namespace.fld, setup.ini, tlbdata.xml
I guess you moved the virtual folder into other virtual folder. Just delete the menu with namespace.fld etc. and create it again.

Quote:Q3 - in all cases when I right click and choose properties (trying to change the size of the icons) I get a windows dialog like I'd get for the properties of a windows short cut - not the TLB properties.
Right-click the button the select Appearance->Change Icon
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
BizCoach

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2008
03-14-2008, 08:58 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Q1 - I added a new menu using predefined, My Recent Documents. When I open it, the list is huge! It contains lots of folders and dozens of documents I've used going back weeks.
It is possible to use the TLB filters to customize this menu. Right-click in the menu select "Customize menu", Then "Filtering folders" tab at the left side of the dialog box. Set the option "Files modified during last" into the number of days you want to see the history.

To hide the folders set the option "Files mask to show" into
Code:
*.*.lnk

This will show the files with extensions only. No shortcuts to the folders.

I tried this. Now the parent menu won't open (My Recent Doc was actually a sub-menu) - it just says FILTERED. And when I right click there is no longer a choice for CUSTOMIZE MENU. It has dissappered.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-16-2008, 08:49 AM -
Right-click the "filtered" text and remove the filters.

You must click inside the submenu. right-click on any item of "My Recent Doc" menu to open the right customize menu dialog.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com