Switch toolbar with hotkey
Started by inshadow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
inshadow

4 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2006
04-04-2008, 03:02 AM -
How can I add a hotkey to a toolbar so that I can switch between my toolbars from the keyboard?

/Stig
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-04-2008, 02:00 PM -
Currently it is possible by using auto-sensing (TLB Settings->Auto sensing). When you create the workspace TLB allow to enter the hotket to activate created workspace.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
inshadow

04-05-2008, 12:23 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Currently it is possible by using auto-sensing (TLB Settings->Auto sensing). When you create the workspace TLB allow to enter the hotket to activate created workspace.

Yes. I also tried that. But it doesn't work very reliable.
Now if I have two workspaces - workspace 1 and 2 - and perform the following hotkey combination - this will happen:
  • Hotkey workspace 1 - Workspace 1 shows
    Hotkey workspace 2 - Workspace 2 shows
    Hotkey workspace 1 - Workspace 1 shows but switches instantly back to Workspace 2 (?!!)
    Hotkey workspace 1 - Workspace 1 shows but switches instantly back to Workspace 2 (?!!)
    Hotkey workspace 2 - Workspace 1 shows (?!!)
    Hotkey workspace 1 - goes back to the regular toolbar content
    Hotkey workspace 2 - Workspace 2 shows
    Hotkey workspace 2 - goes back to the regular toolbar content[/list:u]
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

04-13-2008, 11:38 AM -
Quote:Hotkey workspace 1 - Workspace 1 shows but switches instantly back to Workspace 2 (?!!)
Are there any timeout values in your workspaces? I can't to reproduce this bug Sad What TLB version do you use?

Also, the workspace hotkeys works like the switchers. The first time you press the workspace shortcut - TLB activate it. The second time TLB activate the main toolbar. To disable the autoswitch workspace back to the main toolbar enter 0 in the timeout field.
The TORDEX Team
inshadow

04-13-2008, 12:52 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Hotkey workspace 1 - Workspace 1 shows but switches instantly back to Workspace 2 (?!!)
Are there any timeout values in your workspaces? I can't to reproduce this bug Sad What TLB version do you use?
The timeout is set to 0. I'm using version 4.2.
Did you try the exact sequence as I have posted?

Yuri Kobets Wrote:Also, the workspace hotkeys works like the switchers. The first time you press the workspace shortcut - TLB activate it. The second time TLB activate the main toolbar. To disable the autoswitch workspace back to the main toolbar enter 0 in the timeout field.
Yes - that I already found.
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
01-20-2012, 04:10 AM -
Hey Yuri, i´m bumping this post coz I need to switch toolbars by hotkey but doing this using autosensing has different behaviour to "true" toolbar switching.

The problem is that autosensing leaves any open torn-off menus displayed when the new toolbar is activated - true toolbar switching does not.

A workaround is to refresh the 1st toolbar to close any open menus THEN activate the 2nd toolbar but this is a hassle.

I even contemplated using vbscript sendkeys to peform a true toolbar switch by sending the keystrokes required to select the toolbar from the Switch Toolbar context menu- it obviously would work but is pretty dirty.

btw, autosensing and toolbar switching in 5.6.3 beta are much more stable - I've had a couple of crashes (possibly unrelated) but it's stable enough not to bother me.

Thanks again
paul
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-21-2012, 10:03 PM -
I'll add this feature.
The TORDEX Team
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
01-22-2012, 06:55 PM -
(01-20-2012, 04:10 AM)mls Wrote: Hey Yuri, i´m bumping this post coz I need to switch toolbars by hotkey but doing this using autosensing has different behaviour to "true" toolbar switching.

The problem is that autosensing leaves any open torn-off menus displayed when the new toolbar is activated - true toolbar switching does not.

A workaround is to refresh the 1st toolbar to close any open menus THEN activate the 2nd toolbar but this is a hassle.

I even contemplated using vbscript sendkeys to peform a true toolbar switch by sending the keystrokes required to select the toolbar from the Switch Toolbar context menu- it obviously would work but is pretty dirty.

btw, autosensing and toolbar switching in 5.6.3 beta are much more stable - I've had a couple of crashes (possibly unrelated) but it's stable enough not to bother me.

Thanks again
paul

Thanks Yuri
This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 06:56 PM by mls.