Started by DrTeeth

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
DrTeeth

55 posts 23 threads Joined: Nov 2009
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM -
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my system and have installed Win 7 64 bit to run alongside my current 32 bit setup.

If I were to restore a backup of TLB from my previous system, and restore it to a fresh install what would happen? I would expect that it would install but look strange due to the actual applications not being installed. I could then use TLB to remind me what to install as my most used apps are there.

Will this happen as above or will I get error messages and TLB won't load?

Regards

Guy

PS Could you please respond to 'TB 4.4.4 - customize menus' on the general section. Many thanks.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-11-2010, 01:28 PM -
You can restore TLB 32 bit setup. There are no problems with the restore process. But most of the shortcuts will invalid. Most shortcuts stay invalid even after you install the software. This is because on x64 system there are different Program Files and Program Files (x86). Any way in most cases Windows can resolve the shortcuts.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
DrTeeth

55 posts 23 threads Joined: Nov 2009
04-12-2010, 06:01 AM -
Excellent! That's what I wanted to hear! It will guide me as what I need to install as my most used programs are in TLB - naturally Big Grin.

Regards

Guy

PS Thanks again for the centre-align feature in the next release.
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.