EasyTile (download)
Started by mls

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

33 posts in this topic
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
09-23-2015, 11:37 PM -
Hey Yuri, I've got this working for "modern" apps but it's a bit of a hack. I use sendkeys to open the Appearance/button properties dialog to dirty the default Icon Location by appending a space so that the Icon Location is set in tlbdata.xml. EasyTile then reads that, moves the "-100" or "scale-100" trailing the png extension in the path to the correct position to match the appropriate file under WindowsApps or SystemApps.

How do you populate the Icon Location in the Customize buttons dialog? The vbscript createShortcut method does not return it. I've searched the web extensively but there's not much info out there yet.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-24-2015, 06:56 AM -
I'm using the IExtractIcon interface (in C++). IExtractIcon have method GetIconLocation and it is returned the icon location TLB shows in Customize buttons. Not sure if this interface can be accessed via vbscript.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
09-25-2015, 12:04 AM -
Thanks Yuri! Worst case I'll compile an exe and run that from vbscript. I currently use a third party exe to extract traditional shell icons from resource files.

Koopa8840

21 posts 4 threads Joined: Dec 2018
06-04-2021, 09:37 PM -
I know this is a severely old thread, but I need help. I had this setup, but recently suffered a hard drive failure and having to redo everything from scratch. I downloaded EasyTileX Beta. I run TBL in portable mode, so I put EasyTile in the TLB plugin folder and pointed the reg entries to that folder. When I click on the menu, nothing happens. I am unsure if the ImageMagck directory (ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI) is correct. Any help will be appreciated.