Feature req: Autohide delay
Started by Pistol

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Pistol

6 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2002
12-16-2002, 05:47 PM -
Is there a way to have autohide delay ? I'm using TLB docked on the top of the screen and set to autohide, but almost every time I'm reaching for the window control buttons (minimize, maximize, close), TLB appears under a cursor. If I could set it to appear after, let's say 3 sec, that would be very useful.

Thanx
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-16-2002, 06:07 PM -
Unfortunately I cannot control this time Sad This is Windows feature. But maybe I'll try to do something Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Pistol

6 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2002
12-17-2002, 08:57 PM -
Umm.. just a suggestion.

There'z a program called Y'z dock. They have this feature. Maybe you could get it from them. I think they have a source code to download for free too...
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
12-18-2002, 08:49 AM -
Unfortunately the difference is that Yz Dock (like most of the other OSX style docks I've seen) isn't a toolbar. It's a stand-alone application that docks to the side of the screen. Toolbar behavior is controlled by the Windows shell. This make it very difficult to alter the toolbar's behavior while still retaining all other standard Windows functionality (resizing, positioning, appearance, etc). For instance, you can't position Yz Dock by dragging it to different edges of the screen, or even different positions on the same edge like you can with a standard Windows toolbar. It's possible that Yuri could make a stand-alone version of TLB, but doing so would probably take rewriting the code almost completely.
I've seen applications that add a delay to showing the taskbar (meaning the toolbar used to switch between applications), but none of them apply to any other toolbars if they aren't part of the taskbar. This leads me to believe that it would be possible to add this ability to any TLB toolbar, but I don't have a clue how it would be done, and I can't find any SDKs to help Mr. Kobets out.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
12-18-2002, 09:06 AM -
I did find one application that might be useful for you. It appears to apply to all toolbars, not just the taskbar. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to NOT apply it to the taskbar when it's running, meaning it hides your taskbar until you move the mouse to the bottom of your screen (by default) regardless of your taskbar autohide settings. It's called Taskbar Activate, and is available here.