request with description. - media menu...
Started by IceCaveman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
05-20-2003, 07:45 PM -
We talked about this once a long time ago and at that time I did not have screenshot for you of what I was talking about but now I do.

As you can see on this screenshot I am creating super simple and large audio/video menu for my remote control for TV mode. ( wich can be any programmable game controllers such as strategic commander )
For that I create new toolbar and keep it OFF top and it's only activated with hotkeys or my remote.
(btw it's easy to put PNGs on the toolbars themselves. ask me if you want description)
icon sizes 128x128 so they look better on my TV.
Everything works perfect when I sit in front of my PC monitor
with my remote.

in next post comes to problem description.
IceCaveman

05-20-2003, 07:52 PM -
Then comes to the TV, I have 28" connected to my computer, as you must know I can't buy HDTV Smile so usual TVs are with low resolution and displaying text from PCs on them is horrible if it's not large.
The effect TV creates is like if it shrinks down the image, then it sizes it up again but with larger spaces beetween the pixels. so I just wish it were possible to change the text size on the menus without affecting all other window programs and other TLB toolbars. now on the screenshot I send will give you SOME idea of how it looks on TV sorry I'm not going to make it any more real, just something simple, exept text looks worse on TV than this screenshot and graphics better.

Thanks.
IceCaveman

05-20-2003, 08:00 PM -
btw I have a lot of XP style grapcics in higher resolution ( tell me if you want 'em, if you know where I can get more higher resoluted XP icons then it would be nice if you could tell me.
XP icons included in windows XP are 16x16- 48x48 if you know where I can get bigger images in XP style then plese tell me. no matter if they are official by microsoft or created by other with this http://msdn.microsoft.com/library....ons.asp
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
05-21-2003, 07:01 AM -
I'm afraid I can't help with the menu text problem, but I can help with the icons. I created a bunch of 128x128 pngs based on XP icons, and got pretty good at doing so. Tell me what you want, and I'll see if I have them. If not, I'll try to make them for you.

In the meantime, check out Foood's Icons.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-21-2003, 01:30 PM -
Now you can change font for separator and menu captions... in the next version will be possible to change font for menus Wink

Edited By Yuri Kobets on May 21 2003 at 15:31
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
05-21-2003, 06:40 PM -
By the way, how do you put a png on a toolbar?

05-22-2003, 02:28 AM -
IceCaveman Wrote:if you know where I can get more higher resoluted XP icons then it would be nice if you could tell me.
Have you heard of Foood's Icons
IceCaveman

05-22-2003, 07:02 PM -
sam I don't want to use foood's icons because they are to much of glassy
IceCaveman

05-22-2003, 07:28 PM -
shapehifter you can see I'm already starting to use your folder icon on the internet & networking folder.
You must notice how I modified the XP icons by blending them together, ( you can see internet explorer in the globe, and a globe and I like that way, it does not 100% fit with other XP icons as they are supposed to be simple and clean.
what I want to know is if anyone want's me to continue to create "blended" XP icons or should I just put together XP icons as they are. thanks to shapeshifter for this xp folder you see as I tryed many times to create one and my always got to blury 'cause I wanted to make them rounded and I fakkedthem up ???