6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-27-2003, 01:17 PM -
Please test new version of Command Line:
Download Command Line

What's new:
* Fixed: explorer crashes
* Added: working directory for aliases
* Added: max history size parameter

This version must be more stable. If you find explorer crashes like in version 1.0 please tell me about it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com

09-27-2003, 11:43 PM -
It's looking good so far, Yuri. Thanks!

I was experiencing frequent, repeatable crashes. They've disappeared. I'll check it on my PC at work on Monday too.

Cheers,
Al
methyl

12 posts 4 threads Joined: Aug 2003
09-28-2003, 01:54 AM -
Crashes are non-existent, but i think i might have found a small bug. Let the hot key for cmd line to be "ctrl + 1". Lets say i want it to be "ctrl + 2". I'll reassign cmd to "ctrl + 2" and assign an alias to "ctrl + 1". When i press "ctrl + 1", the alias is not executed. Instead "ctrl + 1" remains associated w/ cmd line and I have not been able to find a way to delete the association.

Other than that, its running fine. A small request, please allow the user to sort by alias or hotkey under the alias tab by clicking on either alias or hotkey. This will make it easier to see what keys are no longer available.

09-28-2003, 10:57 AM -
It's always tough making suggestions without sounding "never satisfied", but I'll try ;-)

Could command line completion and history be optional?

A browse button on the alias dialog that asks for the command line might be helpful.

Cheers,
Al

09-28-2003, 11:09 AM -
I've had this crash on the old version too.

Occasionally, when you return focus to the command line the cursor appears wider than normal. Instead of the little bar, it actually looks like a 3 or 4 pixel wide character is highlighted in the otherwise empty command line window.

This occurred, and it crashed when I started typing.

Cheers,
Al

Command line 1.1.0.0

...:::My System Info:::... Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Shell Version:5.0.3700.6705 Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106 TLB version: 2.2.0.7