Great program so far, just have a few questions...
Started by UK2K

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
UK2K

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Mar 2005
03-17-2005, 02:31 AM -
Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating several Desktop toolbars, the best of which will be intergrated into my employers retail software which is used Nation wide. (of course we'd be purchasing all the necessary licenses Big Grin )

True toolbar has many of the functions we have been looking for and much more, however as with most other toolbars out there at the moment, they are tailer made for home use which means they have features which we really don't need/want.. I was wondering if anybody could answer the following question..

Q. I need to make sure that users of the toolbar are unable to delete file/folders from the computer completely.. I noticed that if I created a vitural folder on the toolbar a user could simply right click the icon and choose delete the actual folder or program from the computer, this wouldn't be good for us at all.. is there a way to stop them from doing this? or maybe even remove the delete option from the sub menu?

I did notice that I could protect the folder with the 'protect' option.. however the files/folders within that protected folder where still able to be deleted.. there's no way i'm going through 100's of files to protect them all individualy.

other than that one major flaw this toolbar seems pretty much stable and easy to use, with some great custom features.

any help from anybody would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Stu

Messages In This Thread
Great program so far, just have a few questions... - by UK2K - 03-17-2005, 02:31 AM
HIDE versus Delete - by Texan - 03-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Wrongly worded - by UK2K - 03-17-2005, 07:58 AM
[No subject] - by ozxar - 03-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Thanks - by UK2K - 03-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Perfect - by UK2K - 03-18-2005, 01:14 AM