Started by kwickone

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
kwickone

49 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2005
05-08-2017, 08:26 AM -
(05-08-2017, 08:08 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:It then made many of my pinned items on my regular taskbar (not TLB) non functional (white blank icons, and clicking does not find the program).
Looks like something wrong with you Windows. Usually the quick launch folder is located here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
All pinned on the taskbar items are in this folder too. Please check if this folder is exists. Maybe you have to create this folder and restart.

Quote:It seems like somehow the install (or uninstall, which I did once) of TLB messed up my Quick Launch folder location
No, TLB can't move Quick Launch folder location. Also it is interesting, where TLB store shortcuts? Are they inside the Quick Launch folder on the desktop?

Thanks for the reply Yuri! I will see if I can create the folder in the correct location. and move the shortcuts there.

For the second item, I am not sure what happened. I do know that the quick launch folder only showed up on my desktop after I installed, then uninstalled TLB. Very odd. I will see what I can do to fix :-)

(05-08-2017, 08:26 AM)kwickone Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 08:08 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:It then made many of my pinned items on my regular taskbar (not TLB) non functional (white blank icons, and clicking does not find the program).
Looks like something wrong with you Windows. Usually the quick launch folder is located here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
All pinned on the taskbar items are in this folder too. Please check if this folder is exists. Maybe you have to create this folder and restart.

Quote:It seems like somehow the install (or uninstall, which I did once) of TLB messed up my Quick Launch folder location
No, TLB can't move Quick Launch folder location. Also it is interesting, where TLB store shortcuts? Are they inside the Quick Launch folder on the desktop?

Thanks for the reply Yuri! I will see if I can create the folder in the correct location. and move the shortcuts there.

For the second item, I am not sure what happened. I do know that the quick launch folder only showed up on my desktop after I installed, then uninstalled TLB. Very odd. I will see what I can do to fix :-)

So TLB shortcuts are in the correct Quick Launch location. But my non-TLB shortcuts are on my desktop. How very strange!

(hopefully) a final update on this. I moved the User Pinned folder from c:\users\<username>\desktop\Quick Launch to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch.

My shortcuts on my Taskbar seemed ok, so I deleted the left over \Quick Launch folder on my desktop, then rebooted. All ok. Hopefully this was just an odd glitch that will not repeat itself.

Thanks!
This post was last modified: 05-08-2017, 08:50 AM by kwickone.

Messages In This Thread
Quick Launch folder on Desktop? - by kwickone - 05-05-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Quick Launch folder on Desktop? - by kwickone - 05-08-2017, 08:26 AM