Poll: Would you like to see better song rating support in the Media Control Plugin?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
4 66.67%
No
33.33%
2 33.33%
What's a plugin?
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Media Control: Song rating support - Winamp/MediaMonkey/WMP
Started by gpritchard

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
gpritchard

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2007
03-04-2007, 04:43 AM -
Hi Yuri,

I've been an avid (rabid?) TrueLaunchBar supporter since 2004, and have also been a fan of MediaMonkey since around then. I noticed your skin for iTunes with ratings support, and I wondered whether this could be implemented for other media players (in particular, MediaMonkey!).

In other words, the Media Control Plugin would need to have support added for (1) reading and displaying the current rating, and (2) setting a new rating based on user input.

It would also be great if the user could assign a hotkey to the ratings feature. e.g. Win+1 = 1 star, Win+2 = 2 stars, and so on...

I am constantly listening to, and rating, music -- so this would be a very powerful feature for me. I've put together and attached a mock-up screnshot showing how such a feature might look (using the WMP11 Compact skin for Media Control).

FYI, there is a minor typo in the tooltip for Media Control in English language (i.e. displays upon hover) -- "Chanels" should be "Channels".

Thanks for listening, and thanks for making such a great product!

Kind regards,

G

PS, if the ratings functionality is implemented, it would be useful to display the current rating in the tooltip for Media Control. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Media Control: Song rating support - Winamp/MediaMonkey/WMP - by gpritchard - 03-04-2007, 04:43 AM
[No subject] - by Q Section - 03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
[No subject] - by fev - 03-28-2007, 05:04 AM
[No subject] - by Q Section - 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM
[No subject] - by fev - 03-31-2007, 05:30 AM