Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Sam Hasler

93 posts 17 threads Joined: Jun 2003
07-21-2008, 05:48 AM -
You sir, are my hero!

but for goodness sake, release this as a standalone product. I'd pay money for this.

I have a couple of suggestions:
  • Make clicking on the button open the preferences.
  • Add tooltips for each checkbox to say what the shortcut is usually used for.[/list:u]

You're also missing a few shortcuts. I haven't been able to find a page listing all of them, but you may find the following pages helpful:
    • <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449">http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449</a><!-- m -->
    • Vista Keyboard shortcuts[/list:u]

Neither of those pages list Win+B which changes the focus to the system tray, so there are probably other shortcuts too.

Perhaps you could include a way to find out what application a particular shortcut is set to. That could help with development for testing which shortcuts need to be configurable, and could also help me with a problem I've been having:

I've found that some shortcuts can't be assigned, even though they don't do something. I think they might be reserved in some way, although I tried another piece of software that I thought might be able to do this, and it may have messed up the shortcut.

The shortcut that I want to use, Win+C, is listed as opening the control panel, but currently it does nothing when I press it, and I can't use it as a shortcut in Winamp. I'd like to be able to free it for use (I want Rewind, Play, Pause, Stop, Forward on the Win + Z,X,C,V,B keys), or possibly set it back to it's default if I've messed it up.

It's nice to have Win + 1-5 back as my rate current song shortcuts though, instead of using Win + Alt + 1-5.

Messages In This Thread
Disable Windows Keys v1.0 - by Yuri Kobets - 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM
RE: Disable Windows Keys v1.0 - by cpriest - 10-25-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: Disable Windows Keys v1.0 - by LPS - 11-08-2019, 01:19 PM
[No subject] - by Sam Hasler - 07-21-2008, 05:48 AM
[No subject] - by MentholMoose - 08-06-2008, 07:00 AM