accepted Tear Off Menu that Stays Visible on Desktop
Started by danmeek

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

22 posts in this topic
danmeek

365 posts 127 threads Joined: Mar 2003
08-24-2017, 01:49 AM -
Please read my earlier email. I installed the new version separately; I did not overwrite the old version. As I said in the earlier email, installing the new version in a new directory did not create a new tlbhost.exe, so it is impossible to run the new version.

Are you saying I must install the new version over the old version? I just now tried that. The result is that, if I try to tear off an existing menu, TLB now hangs (all of the toolbars hang) and requires Process Explorer to delete the tlbhost.exe process.

Since I want to have the tear-off function, I will reinstall TLB 7.3 in order to get it back.

OK, I reinstalled normal TLB 7.3. And now it works like I want. I can tear off menus without having TLB hang; the key is simply to show the menu and move it off the toolbar with the cursor without clicking on Tear Off Menu. The menu then goes under programs but does not disappear from the desktop upon typing Win-D. So typing Win-D causes all program windows to disappear but not the TLB torn-off menu.

But I find that TLB hangs, if I try to make changes to the torn-off menu (like changing colors or other menu options). So it is not right, yet.

Yuri, TLB is the most useful program I have. I am sure you will continue to improve it. It is already far, far better than anything similar on the market.
This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 02:30 AM by danmeek.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tear Off Menu that Stays Visible on Desktop - by danmeek - 08-24-2017, 01:49 AM