A Slight Variant on the Folder menu choice
Started by Gary Mugford

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Gary Mugford

23 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
Rainbow  06-18-2019, 03:32 AM -
I have a happy reliance on my file manager, but I've come up against a hard limit in the program's ability to have drop target icons in it's toolbar. What I THOUGHT I might be able to do would be to create a tear-off Toolbar with a folder of icons connected to other folders. Basically ...

FOLDER OF FOLDERS
|
|
--> REDSTUFF
--> GREENSTUFF
--> BLUESTUFF
--> TOBEREAD
--> PERUSEDISCARD
etc.

So, I right-drag a file or files to the FoldersOfFolders icon and it drops down a sub-menu of the other targets like the phony ones above. I can then drop the file(s) on that icon and choose move or copy. I can LEFT drag the files to the FolderOfFolders icon, but it merely moves the file if on the same drive, or copies if not. RIGHT DRAGGING, merely gets me a menu with Add to Related, Open WIth or Cancel.

I want my normal file context menu. The one with copy and move on it. I COULD have a whole bunch of icons LIKE the various stuff's on it, but that would then mean a BIG TLB Toolbar and I want it to hide behind a single icon in a little torn off toolbar, all by itself at the top of monitor one. I ASSUME this would be easier with Windows 10, but I am STILL USING WINDOWS 7. Yes, more difficult by an order of magnitude, I assume.

Anybody got any ideas here?? I've got a hundred drop targets now, which fills the ability of my old, out-of-date xplorer2. Being able to add another 20 would come in handy as I jump between the various drives I'm connected to. I know this is a narrow niche ask, but it SEEMS to me, you're the magician to make this work. Might already be a way. The whole trick is a file-context capable right drag to a folder target, instead of the SHORTCUT, which your current folder menu is.

Thanks. The product continues to be critical to my day to day operations. GM

Messages In This Thread
A Slight Variant on the Folder menu choice - by Gary Mugford - 06-18-2019, 03:32 AM