ToDo- List... - changing path where datas are stored?
Started by kuddel

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
kuddel

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Nov 2003
09-14-2004, 07:55 AM -
Hi to all,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the path where all the datas are stored which you write into the ToDo- List?

Kuddel
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-14-2004, 09:13 AM -
All data are stored inside ToDo List plugin. To move it just move button of ToDo List using drag&drop. Also you can copy it.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kuddel

09-16-2004, 02:21 AM -
Hi,

thanks for your answer, but it couldn't solve my problem! To me it seems, that all entries are stored in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ego\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\tlbdata.xml".
Let me explain my problem: I have stored all my personal datas (word documents, etc.) on partition E. The advantage of this system is, that when I backup an image of partition C (windows XP) and D (all other programs including true lunch bar) because of program failures, etc, it doesn't effect my personal datas! Entries in ToDo are personal datas and I don't want them to be affected by backups. If so, they will be driven back and I lose information. Thats why I want to store the entries of ToDo only on partition E.

Thanks

Martin
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
09-16-2004, 04:25 AM -
Create another toolbar (see the FAQ for how this is done), point it to a directory on your E drive, open it, drag & drop everything over from your old (quick launch) toolbar, and close (and delete?) your old toolbar. This will cause all of your TLB data to be stored on your E drive.
kuddel

09-16-2004, 07:58 AM -
@ shapeshifter

that's not the solution I was looking for! I want to split the program files and the entries of ToDo. If it's not possible right now, I would appreciate an option to store the mere datas of ToDo in a folder of my choice. May be it's possible in one of the next versions?

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
09-16-2004, 11:27 AM -
You can add file ToDo List.tlbplugin into your backup. This file contain all tasks. If you move it back to the toolbar all be restored. Also you can backup toolbar folder to save all your settings.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com