Started by txl

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
txl

84 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2004
12-21-2004, 02:48 AM -
Hello

Using the "magic dll" to get 5 days predictions I have found a little bug.

The current day (today) is also included as the first prediction which would nromally be tomorrow, on top of this since the weather itself and weather.com are not always 100% accurate it leads to funny situations where I have now +3 and mostly cloudy but the prediction for tuesday (so today) is of +7 and partly cloudy.

Is it possible to kick the days in the prediction space by +1 sqo they start tomorrow and not today ?

Thanks
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-21-2004, 03:44 AM -
Where I live, a day lasts 24 hours and weather changes a lot in this period of time.... In fact I find the forecast for today the most useful one. How could you ever see the prediction for today's evening? And if it IS already evening, the leftside of today's forecast changes to 'N/A', which makes sense...

And btw, there's no difference between the 3-day and 5-day forecast version of the dll in this matter. The 5-day version just includes 2 extra days at the end...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
txl

12-21-2004, 04:15 AM -
I thought for dracula the "day" lasted only while the sun was away :lol:

Thanks for the comments, I think it's still weird to have "today" displayed in the "forecast" section, but I can live with this.

Fiddling on weather and 123weather I have found up to 10 days predictions, can this be added ?

Finally how about making the weather forecast "city adjustable" so for example you could check the weather on more than 1 city and switch between them ?

Thanks
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-21-2004, 07:18 AM -
Quote:Finally how about making the weather forecast "city adjustable" so for example you could check the weather on more than 1 city and switch between them ?

Why so difficult? Just add multiple Weather Forecast plugins Smile
All these plugins and menu's allow you to use your creativity and imagination, so just try things...!

The amount of days to show is a bit of a trade-off between amount of space it takes and the amount of useful information it provides. In my opinion 5 days looks nice and still contains predictions that make any sense.
I believe it was just a single byte that was changed in order to show more days, can't remember where exactly. Actually it was HorusUK who did the trick Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
txl

12-21-2004, 08:31 AM -
Great stuff, I didn't get the theory of adding the menus yet, it'll come as a reflex ion the future but right now I'm still afraid of this....

Anyway I found a tiny bug with your idea of multi menus, you have to exit the global menu to change the city, in your example if you move from eindhoven to cancun you have to exit the submenu first otherwise you have no data on the second city.

But the idea is great, thanks for the tip....
dwax

26 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2004
12-22-2004, 05:55 PM -
Wow where did you get the five day thing at? And how do you work it?
txl

12-23-2004, 01:04 AM -
You have to replace the "2 day" dll by the "5 day" dll

here's the link to the 5 day dll

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/download.php?id=568">http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/download.php?id=568</a><!-- m -->

For once it's me who can help !!!