[solved] Lost context menu
Started by Mikes1616

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Mikes1616

14 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2006
08-07-2007, 07:01 AM -
I have been using the latest "released" version of TLB for a while, and I love it. I am a long time user of this product and it is an incredible productivity enhancer.

I booted my computer today and all of the sudden "wierd" things started hapenning:

1. My hotkeys for the the menu I use are gone - I have 1 hotkey to open the window at my cursor (it is a tearoff) and one hotkey to start a specific application in the menu. This has worked for AGES, today BLAM!

2. I calmly attempted to right click on my menu - nothing happens. I can open the TLB "settings" - but I cannot open the settings for any specific "menu" I have created. I am talking about the menu where you setup the hotkey to open it, if it is a tear off menu, if it is to autoclose, etc. I cannot get to that menu with my OLD menu or a NEW menu I just created.

Steps to resolve (unsuccessful)

Remove TLB. Reboot. Load BETA. Exactly the same issue.

I went into the general settings for TLB and looked in the CONTEXT MENU area - they are all set to "default" and there are no other entries in the pulldowns (I checked this after searching this forum).

Windows XP SP2. Been happily running TLB forever. Maybe Windows is unhappy with me?

Thanks for any help you can provide - I am out of things to try.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-07-2007, 09:13 AM -
This problem looks like TLB cannot to read XML files. Try to install MSXML. By default this component is pre-installed together with IE. But maybe they were uninstalled by someone.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Mikes1616

14 posts 3 threads Joined: Dec 2006
08-07-2007, 09:31 AM -
Thank you SO much - this solved the problem!

I find this so very strange that it "just" started happening! Weird!

Thanks again!