Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

61 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM -
Please try this version.

This version must be compatible with the allSnap. Also this version is Windows Vista DEP compatible.

One note, maybe you need to enter your reg key again.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
JeRrYFaR

28 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2007
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please try this version.

This version must be compatible with the allSnap. Also this version is Windows Vista DEP compatible.

One note, maybe you need to enter your reg key again.

Awesome! I will try this when I get home. Will report back when I've tested it some.

-Dave
JeRrYFaR

07-21-2007, 10:49 AM -
I was able to finally try this version out, installed it and almost immediately it crashed. I tested it twice and it crashed with the user32.dll error in explorer. I have disabled allsnap and so far it is working fine.

If allsnap is the culprit, then I'll just uninstall it. It's not like Chris Pirillo is ever going to update it anyway.. Sad
JeRrYFaR

07-23-2007, 12:36 PM -
Update:

So far it works fine w/out allSnap enabled. I don't need it I suppose, however did you need further testing so we can see about keeping it?
FlyingHorse

54 posts 13 threads Joined: Apr 2004
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM -
I still have problems with certain plugins but I'm not using allSnap. Explorer.exe still freezes up if I use something like sysmon or mailmon.
JeRrYFaR

07-25-2007, 11:54 PM -
Yuri,

Appreciate everything you have done, however allSnap still does not work with v4.2.1.

I would remove that from the 'fixes' section of the new version. I look at it this way:

* The program is a beta.
* It has not been updated for a very long time.
* The developer (Chris Pirillo) has no plans to update it.

I would love to make it work sure, but I don't see that happening. You did help me with my problem and for that I'm grateful.

The program runs flawlessly without allSnap enabled, so at least I know what is causing it.

FlyingHorse:

What plugins are you using? I'd be willing to test them on my machine as well to verify the problem.

Incidentally, this might all be resolved now that there is an official v4.2.1.

-Dave
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-26-2007, 06:29 AM -
Quote:I still have problems with certain plugins but I'm not using allSnap. Explorer.exe still freezes up if I use something like sysmon or mailmon.
Please can you try with the new version of Mail Monitor. There are some improvements to avoid the locks.

Quote:Appreciate everything you have done, however allSnap still does not work with v4.2.1.

I would remove that from the 'fixes' section of the new version. I look at it this way:

* The program is a beta.
* It has not been updated for a very long time.
* The developer (Chris Pirillo) has no plans to update it.

I would love to make it work sure, but I don't see that happening. You did help me with my problem and for that I'm grateful.

The program runs flawlessly without allSnap enabled, so at least I know what is causing it.
JeRrYFaR, Please can you send me the link to thee version you are using. I'm currently using version 1.30.6 (as I see in the about box). The website is not working Sad
The TORDEX Team
JeRrYFaR

07-26-2007, 08:30 AM -
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~iheckman/allsnap/">http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~iheckman/allsnap/</a><!-- m -->

As of this posting, the link works. I just checked it. In this 4.2.1 beta version, are you seeing the 130.6 working flawlessly? If so, I could use that as I don't see much improvement on the beta:

snap to grid thing?

-Dave
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-26-2007, 09:20 AM -
Hmmm.... installed allSnap the beta version and it works fine Sad
The TORDEX Team
JeRrYFaR

07-29-2007, 04:29 PM -
Well, it works fine WITHOUT allSnap, so I'll just not use it I guess. Sad
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

07-30-2007, 11:39 AM -
BTW. that beta version was very unstable on my system. Sometimes it cause crash in all applications I have running Sad
The TORDEX Team
JeRrYFaR

07-30-2007, 07:27 PM -
Hmmmmm.. Should I attempt the 130.6 again then?
Angelomon

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2007
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM -
Hello all and good to see a real Developer is active on forum with replays Smile first time that I see one that is not hiding Tongue
ok now to work... with some probems and fixes that I found out by examining all this posts 8)

Nr 1
Tips nr incompatibilities
Icones bug fixed and found the problem that it come from setting the Max
tips width: 3
3 it make explorer.exe to go over 90% cpu use and then crash.
the good valut is 300 no bug...
I thing u need to put only working settings without bugs like limiting te numbers to bug free. Tongue
Example:[Image: tipsnrincopatibilitixo7.th.jpg]

Nr 2
Not complect compatibility with standard (rules) Quick Launch in size and settings
in Task bar on top, right and left of the screen with size resize and Lock Toolbar not working right
Example: normal rules [Image: originalbarandgameupii0.th.jpg] and [Image: originalbarandgamedownln7.th.jpg]
not normal rules like windows in true launch bar [Image: truelaunchbaronrightga4.th.jpg]

and Size example at windows StartUp
this is my settings [Image: standarsizebarnormalul9.th.jpg] and on reboot it go bigger [Image: autoresizebarnotstandargb8.th.jpg]

Nr 3
No good compatibility at startup with Language Bar from Toolbars
Example: [Image: languagebarincompatibildl4.th.jpg]and[Image: languagebarincompatibilqu1.th.jpg]

I know u work hard and is the best advanced Launch bar that is existing and I feel bad that I only found about it on 2007 Sad
I just want to help-out to work like a charm. Big Grin
This problem is found on windows XP Pro SP 2
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

08-04-2007, 10:46 AM -
Quote:Nr 1
Tips nr incompatibilities
Icones bug fixed and found the problem that it come from setting the Max
tips width: 3
Reproduced. Thank you.

Quote:Nr 2
Not complect compatibility with standard (rules) Quick Launch in size and settings
in Task bar on top, right and left of the screen with size resize and Lock Toolbar not working right
Yes something can work different if compare with quick launch. There are some improvements menu with arrows (>>) in the version 4.2.1 you can try it.

Quote: No good compatibility at startup with Language Bar from Toolbars
Yes I know about this problem. But this looks like the Windows bug. I've found some reports about this problem in the Internet, but those reports were not related TLB. The only way I know is to disable the option "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" in the language bar settings.
The TORDEX Team
Angelomon

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2007
08-05-2007, 08:39 AM -
Quote:Yes I know about this problem. But this looks like the Windows bug. I've found some reports about this problem in the Internet, but those reports were not related TLB. The only way I know is to disable the option "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" in the language bar settings.
ok and I found outher fix I restore the language bar to be out of Taskbar, and it seems to work if is not in Taskbar.
Quote:Yes something can work different if compare with quick launch. There are some improvements menu with arrows (>>) in the version 4.2.1 you can try it.
In quick launch on large icons is large and in (>>) is small icons
In TLB on large icons is large and in (>>) is large icons not small

and if I go and active small icons in TLB then all the menu on right or left is go bigger (increases the size like in Nr:2 last print)
how to explain ... is possible to only make the (>>) to have the small icons size ? if no I will let it with large icons Tongue is not a problem... just asking

and I try to find the improvements menu with arrows (>>) in version 4.2.1 and no luck... or I not understanding what u speech, is some options or something ?

one more thing the Lock toolbar is not working neither... if is possible to make it work in the future and I know that windows is not having this option out of Taskbar and to wait for windows to make something we need to wait for ages to be available Tongue