True Launch host grabs focus in games :(
Started by NZSimplicity

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
NZSimplicity

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2011
10-01-2011, 10:17 PM -
Used True Launch for many years, and never had a problem with it up until now, so thought I better ask and see if anyone come across this before...

I use true launch host to have my launchbar on the left side of my screen away from my task bar, but for some reason lately when playing full screen games, sometimes when I moving my character around the game all of a sudden it seems that true launch grabs the focus and I am dumped out of the game back to desktop, not a good thing to happen while in the middle of a fight...
I have true launch auto disappearing back to the left side after opening something etc..
Using Windows 7 64-Bit OS..
Any ideas?

PS: Using version 5.6.2 Beta 64-bit
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-02-2011, 07:00 AM -
Thank you very much for the bug report. Please can you try this version of tlbHost application.

Right-click the empty space of the TLB toolbar, select Exit and replace tlbHost.exe in the TLB installation folder (c:\program files\truelaunchbar). Make the backup of the old file before replacing.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
NZSimplicity

10-02-2011, 08:16 PM -
Unfortunatly the fix didn't seem to fix it, I tried it out playing Deus Ex, and the true launch menu showed itself as I was moving around in the game, HOWEVER it didn't seem to grab focus and dump me out into desktop now I seeme to stay in the game, but the menus showed themselves over top of the game which was in full screen mode.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-04-2011, 02:36 PM -
Please can you send me the file:
Code:
C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Tordex\True Launch Bar\standalone.xml
I'll try to reproduce this bug with your settings and Deus Ex.
The TORDEX Team
NZSimplicity

10-18-2011, 11:43 AM -
Just an update, it seems to be appearing over top of all full screen games that I have tried it on so far,
I cannot figure out any way of stopping it appearing when in full screen mode.
Maybe an option in TLB that can disable TLB when computer is in full screen mode??
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

10-18-2011, 12:11 PM -
I can't to reproduce this bug with Deus Ex and some other games, even with your settings.

How many monitors do you have?
Maybe some other application prevents the TLB to detect the full screen applications.
The TORDEX Team
NZSimplicity

10-18-2011, 12:42 PM -
Only one monitor, (27 inch flat screen)
I do not know what could be stopping it from detecting full screen mode...
What I may do is put tlb on my other computer and do a test on a game on that computer see if the same thing pops up...