accepted Clipboard Manager double-click-to-clear?
Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
04-20-2013, 12:21 PM -
First, Yuri, TLB is the smartest, most carefully thought-out program of the 100+ on my computers. If only MS wrote Windows versions as carefully and intuitively!

Clipboard Manager works perfectly, and I use it all day long for writing and editing. I use the left-click to view the menu of clips and the right-click to view the context menu, with the "Clear Clipboard History" item up at the top, greyed out on the rare occasion when there's nothing on my clipboard.

The request: Would it be possible to either set a hotkey to clear the clipboard or (better, maybe) use a double-click of the icon to empty the clipboard? I know that sounds lazy, but anybody who uses the Manager daily and fills the menu several times a day would probably find it usefull to be able to wipe the slate with a double-click or hotkey. When I change documents or start a new one, having the old clips around is just a distraction, so I wipe the board several times a day. Just looking for a better way.

(I don't think double-clicking any other TLB tray icon has a special effect, so maybe that's a possibility.)
This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 02:27 PM by Q Section.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

05-20-2013, 04:20 AM -
Any chance of a follow-up here? If I knew what function is called by the Clear Clipboard History link, I could make my own bat file.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-21-2013, 03:56 AM -
I'll add this feature in the next version. BTW maybe the middle click is better than double click. What do you think?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
05-21-2013, 06:16 AM -
(05-21-2013, 03:56 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: I'll add this feature in the next version. BTW maybe the middle click is better than double click. What do you think?

I like the idea of the middle click option myself Smile

I just hope it's option only as some users may not want to accidently clear they list by middle clicking or double clicking.

This post was last modified: 05-21-2013, 06:27 AM by gate1975mlm.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

05-22-2013, 04:43 AM -
Thanks, Yuri. Like gate1975mlm, I think accidental middle-clicks might be too common.

For two-button mice, is the middle-click Ctrl+Left-click or Ctrl+Right-click or something else? Does a wheel-click register as a middle-click?

If you make it a click rather than a shortcut possibility, I can't put it in a bat file and run it with an event-sound. Or can I?
This post was last modified: 05-22-2013, 04:47 AM by Wisewiz.
Wisewiz
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-22-2013, 11:37 AM -
Quote:For two-button mice, is the middle-click Ctrl+Left-click or Ctrl+Right-click or something else? Does a wheel-click register as a middle-click?
Wheel-click is the same as middle-click. It is possible to make the option and handle both middle-click and double-click.

Quote:If you make it a click rather than a shortcut possibility, I can't put it in a bat file and run it with an event-sound. Or can I?
Is the problem in the sound only? I can add more sounds options.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
gate1975mlm

487 posts 90 threads Joined: Dec 2004
05-22-2013, 12:08 PM -
(05-22-2013, 11:37 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:For two-button mice, is the middle-click Ctrl+Left-click or Ctrl+Right-click or something else? Does a wheel-click register as a middle-click?
Wheel-click is the same as middle-click. It is possible to make the option and handle both middle-click and double-click.

Quote:If you make it a click rather than a shortcut possibility, I can't put it in a bat file and run it with an event-sound. Or can I?
Is the problem in the sound only? I can add more sounds options.

In my opinion "options" for Single or double "Miiddle Wheel Click" and "double Left Click" with new sound options for when clipboard is "cleared" would be good I think.

Wisewiz what do you think? Smile

This post was last modified: 05-22-2013, 12:09 PM by gate1975mlm.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

05-26-2013, 09:34 AM -
gate1975mlm said "In my opinion "options" for Single or double "Miiddle Wheel Click" and "double Left Click" with new sound options for when clipboard is "cleared" would be good I think.

Wisewiz what do you think?"

Sounds like a lot of tweaking for Yuri, but it also sounds GREAT.

Thanks, Yuri. Always a pleasure communicating with you.

Wisewiz