Address book - backing it up?
Started by dogboy

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
dogboy

8 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2011
05-11-2013, 03:01 PM -
Hi, just started using the Address Book plugin and wanted to ask (before I spend hours entering all my contacts info) how do I backup and save all the address book info that I enter? I format my PC every 4-5 months so i need to know how to back this up. Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-11-2013, 03:47 PM -
Usually plugins, including Address Book, save data in the .tlbplugin file in the toolbar folder. So you can backup entire toolbar folder and restore it after reinstalling. Of find the file with name like "Address Book.tlbplugin" and backup this file (name can be other if you've renamed it). Also you can drag the Address Book button from the toolbar to any folder (hold down CTRL key to make a copy). When you drop AB into any folder TLB create the .tlbplugin file. You can copy this file back on toolbar/menu to restore Address Book with all data.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
dogboy

8 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2011
05-11-2013, 05:38 PM -
Thanks Yuri. So just to confirm.... I should be able to use the "backup" feature under "General Options" in TLB Settings to save everything INCLUDING all the contacts I add to the Address Book?

*Edit: Ok I misunderstood, but I think I got it now. On Windows 8, it would be under: username > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Quicklaunch > Apps

..and there I find "Address Book.tlbplugin" <<- That's what I need to save, right?
This post was last modified: 05-11-2013, 05:44 PM by dogboy.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

05-12-2013, 01:30 AM -
Quote:Thanks Yuri. So just to confirm.... I should be able to use the "backup" feature under "General Options" in TLB Settings to save everything INCLUDING all the contacts I add to the Address Book?
Yes, this works too. Built-in backup saves all menus, plugins and shortcuts.

Quote:*Edit: Ok I misunderstood, but I think I got it now. On Windows 8, it would be under: username > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Quicklaunch > Apps

..and there I find "Address Book.tlbplugin" <<- That's what I need to save, right?
Yes, this file contains your contacts.
The TORDEX Team
Obronie Kokkoo

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2013
Thumbs Up  12-29-2013, 04:24 AM -
(05-11-2013, 03:47 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Usually plugins, including Address Book, save data in the .tlbplugin file in the toolbar folder. So you can backup entire toolbar folder and restore it after reinstalling. Of find the file with name like "Address Book.tlbplugin" and backup this file (name can be other if you've renamed it). Also you can drag the Address Book button from the toolbar to any folder (hold down CTRL key to make a copy). When you drop AB into any folder TLB create the .tlbplugin file. You can copy this file back on toolbar/menu to restore Address Book with all data.

Thanks from me too for the above explanation... I was also looking for such an answer... Idea In addition; Is it also possible to alter the data/info for a addressbook record??? Eg; What i mis in the records is the possibility to put in someone's birthday or anniversary date(s). If so; Pls let me know how...
Further more; I truly love your concept!!! Big Grin Heart

Obronie Kokkoo
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

01-12-2014, 11:29 PM -
Quote:What i mis in the records is the possibility to put in someone's birthday or anniversary date(s). If so; Pls let me know how...
Currently there are no fields for this information. But you can add this into the "Contact notes".

Hmm... I have to add some more fields:
  • birthday with notification
  • anniversary dates with notification

Do you need something more?
The TORDEX Team