Started by Thegodsalmightywill

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Thegodsalmightywill

5 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2012
01-29-2014, 04:47 AM -
hello
Is there any way two quickly switch between toolbars within one hosting toolbar(see attachements)? Using of menu is too slow so need some faster way

for example it would be cool to switch between them by double clicking in empty toolbar space

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-29-2014, 07:56 AM -
Maybe the auto-sensing is what you need. You can quickly switch toolbar on app activating/running or with the hotkey.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Thegodsalmightywill

5 posts 3 threads Joined: Jan 2012
01-29-2014, 08:13 AM -
no, it is cool feature but I can`t configure it to fit my needs and having fast manual switching would work for me

but you could improve auto-sensing - at least it need to have ability to monitor not only running processes but also windows titles, because I can have different opened projects in one application
for example:
project1 - excel
project2 - excel

in this case your plugin should read title text of active window, check whether it has 'excel' and 'project1' words and switch a toolbar to show corresponding content
mls

87 posts 25 threads Joined: Mar 2010
02-08-2014, 12:23 AM -
Use autosensing with hotkey only for as many workspaces (i.e. toolbars) you need. Write a very simple script to send the hotkey and create a toolbar button to run it (in your case you can create completely transparent button image for it). I've used this method quite a bit and it works well.

You don't need to set up autosensing applications. Set the timeout to 0 if you don't want the toolbar to switch back automatically.
Is this what you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK2gCyADQjk

You can also run shortcuts on mouse hover.
This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 01:21 AM by mls.