Mail Monitor: Set Mail Reader shortcut to Normal window?
Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
12-14-2015, 03:01 PM -
Yuri, in the Mail Monitor Properties/Mail Monitor Options, we enter the path to the executable for the Mail Reader, but I don't see any way to indicate that I DON'T want my mail reader to open Maximized, yet it opens maximized every time. If I use a shortcut from the Start menu to the same program, and have that shortcut set to Run: Normal window, the Mail Reader opens in the Normal (non-maximized) size and position. It opens maximized when I open it from the taskbar TLB icon and when I open it from the Mail List window by clicking the "open the mail reader program" icon.

Is there any way to govern the opening of the mail reader program when it is launched by Mail Monitor, either directly from the TLB icon or indirectly through the Mail List window?

Gratefully, as always,
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
01-06-2016, 06:23 AM -
Turns out that the flaw was not in the shortcut from the Mail Monitor Mail List, but in the main mail reader I'm using. Sorry to have complained. It all works now.

Everything in the Mail Monitor plug-in is working perfectly now, but I'm still hoping you'll get around to giving users the option of hiding all of the Mail List window functions they never use, as I suggested in another thread here. Just the ability to roll up the bottom of the window would be fine, or any other way you choose, so that users like me who never use the window to read messages, headers, or the connection logs, or to check sources -- users who really just want to see the incoming mail subjects and senders' names and be able to delete unwanted mail and then open a full mail reading program with a button -- can use the minimal number of features of MM.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.