How to use Clipboard Manager
Started by Hans L

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Hans L

79 posts 30 threads Joined: Aug 2006
10-06-2017, 09:08 AM -
As far as I can see, there are plenty on what Clipboard Manager does, but little, if any, how to use it. A "How to" would be useful. In the interim, would someone please direct me to where I can read about how to use it, or tell me how to get started? (I have emailed Support, but gotten no reply.)

Note. My existing, very good, clipboard manager, ClipCache, has not been developed for a long time, and is starting to fail.

Regards,

Hans L
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-06-2017, 09:31 AM -
Quote:I have emailed Support, but gotten no reply.
It's a pity Sad I've answered your email.

Quote:A "How to" would be useful
It is easy:
  1. Install plugin
  2. Add plugin on toolbar/menu: Right-click where you want to add plugin, select New->Clipboard Manager
  3. In the Properties check the options. The most important, I guess, "Queue size" - defines the number of items to store and formats to capture.
  4. You'll get the menu, initially it is empty
Now every time you'll copy something into the clipboard, the copied data are placed into Clipboard Manager menu. You can select (click) any item in the menu to place it back to the clipboard and paste it into any application.

Note: Clipboard Manager doesn't paste selected item into your application. It just restore the clipboard, you have to paste manually (usually CTRL+V)

Try to right-click any clipboard item for more options. Depending of item type you can:
for texts: trim spaces, make upper/lower case
for files: convert to text (places copied file path into the clipboard as text)
for all: lock clip (prevent item deleting), save as...
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com