Started by Wisewiz

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
05-29-2013, 08:43 AM -
When I save a new file to a folder in Windows 7, the filename takes its correct alphabetical-order position in the folder's contents list immediately.

I have several virtual folders on TLB menus: I can see the names of all of the files in (for instance) my Computing folder (mostly full of .txt files about computing techniques and solutions to computing problems) and click any filename to use the file.

If I save a new document to the Computing folder, it shows up in the TLB virtual folder immediately, but at the bottom of the list of files, and I have to click Arrange Icons By and then Name to re-alphabetize the filenames. The menu "remembers" Ascending order, but not Name.

Is there a way to make the menu automatically re-sort alphabetically?

(This is NOT a complaint; just a query.)
This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 02:09 PM by Q Section.
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM -
Auto-arrange option is bit lower in the same menu. See the attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Wisewiz
Speaks Ancient Geek

81 posts 31 threads Joined: Dec 2007
05-30-2013, 12:43 PM -
(05-30-2013, 12:07 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: Auto-arrange option is bit lower in the same menu. See the attached screenshot.

Yes, it is. I guess I deserve a dunce cap for failing to read the menu and then complaining that what I wanted wasn't on the menu.

It works perfectly, and I don't have to have the main menu ordered just because I want the sub-menu ordered. Nice programming.

Thanks again. (Again!)
Wisewiz
To those who do not have any, even a little knowledge of computing seems like wizardry.
nrector

11 posts 6 threads Joined: Mar 2014
01-27-2016, 04:09 AM -
I've dealt with this for years and never looked it up. Finally decided to do a quick forum search and low and below there was the "auto sort" right there on my menu all the time. lol!

I did just notice a problem... I need it to sort ONLY the menu's I choose as many are kept in a specific order. It appears when I choose the auto sort it does it for all the menus. I'm assuming there is not way to have it auto sort on on specific ones?

Thanks!
Nancy
This post was last modified: 01-27-2016, 04:20 AM by nrector.
craftyourhappiness.com
"Creativity for Life!"
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-27-2016, 11:59 AM -
Quote:I did just notice a problem... I need it to sort ONLY the menu's I choose as many are kept in a specific order. It appears when I choose the auto sort it does it for all the menus. I'm assuming there is not way to have it auto sort on on specific ones?
This is depends of your configuration, but usually if right-click inside the opened menu and select "Auto-arrange" TLB turn on auto-arrange inside the opened menu only. Also this option can be inherited by submenus.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
nrector

11 posts 6 threads Joined: Mar 2014
01-27-2016, 12:10 PM -
(01-27-2016, 11:59 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:I did just notice a problem... I need it to sort ONLY the menu's I choose as many are kept in a specific order. It appears when I choose the auto sort it does it for all the menus. I'm assuming there is not way to have it auto sort on on specific ones?
This is depends of your configuration, but usually if right-click inside the opened menu and select "Auto-arrange" TLB turn on auto-arrange inside the opened menu only. Also this option can be inherited by submenus.

That's the problem. Mine doesn't seem to be doing it that way. Let me double check my settings. If it's supposed to do that then it has to be an issue on my site.
craftyourhappiness.com
"Creativity for Life!"