Volume Control and mute
Started by BlueHeaven

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
BlueHeaven

40 posts 12 threads Joined: Jun 2003
06-27-2003, 05:58 PM -
I currently have my volume control sliders in a menu that I can access from the toolbar. Is it possible to change the icon on the toolbar depending on whether the master volume is muted?

The only reason I have my standard volume icon in the tray is to give a visual indication of mute. Would be nice if I could get rid of it.

TIA
Rick.
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
06-27-2003, 08:01 PM -
It's always helpful if you tell us your system / OS / True Launch Bar version. I wonder why everybody forgets?

Anyway there is already an indicater as to show Mute on / off

See below

[Image: mute.jpg]
BlueHeaven

06-28-2003, 09:52 AM -
Sorry about that. WinXP Sp1 with TrueLaunchBar 2.2.0.5

I know the actual sliders indicate mute, however, I have Volume Control plugin in a menu that I access from the launch bar. I was just hoping there was a way to change the icon of this menu to indicate whether the master volume was muted or not.

I grabbed a screen capture of my setup. I would like the icon on the tray itself to be able to indicate mute. Just wondering if there is a way to do it that I am not aware of.

Thanks again.
Rick.

06-28-2003, 02:14 PM -
I think he is talking about the sliders don't show mute, only the icons, it would be nice if the sliders could fade out on mute or if they would change color, best if they could color fade when changing volume like in winamp.
BlueHeaven

06-29-2003, 09:51 AM -
Guess I still am not being clear. I want the icon circled in red to show the mute status of the master (circled in blue).

06-29-2003, 02:29 PM -
I think that's very difficult now as the TLB runs on explorer.exe it would need to change the icon every time you mute. unless it would be made as plugin and not menu but then you would not have as much control over it. They most likely will add this in the stand-alone version.

But I would like to see some color fading Smile
btw I reccommend you to make more of volume controls so you can add description next to them and have some less used collapsable.