Tordex Community

Full Version: wireless monitor doesn't show bytes in/out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey -- i'm having a problem that i've seen mentioned elsewhere, that my wireless monitor shows the signal intensity properly, but doesn't seem to show the bytes/in out. the counter remains at zero, despite traffic moving over the medium, and the lights on the taskbar indicator remain dim.

i'm using the latest registered version of TLB (2.2.0.18 RC3), and the wireless monitor (1.1.0.0) on Windows XP. my machine is a Thinkpad t40p with a Dual-Band (a/b) wireless network adapter. the network is 802.11b.

additional issues:
- the WEP Status field is blank on the tooltip (WEP is enabled)
- when i switch to the wired network, my wireless antenna is disabled. the icon, however, continues to show the last correct signal strength, and other data. i would think that if the wireless adapter or antenna is disabled, that the icon should go grey, as if there was no signal at all.

thanks for your help.
Quote:i'm using the latest registered version of TLB (2.2.0.18 RC3), and the wireless monitor (1.1.0.0) on Windows XP. my machine is a Thinkpad t40p with a Dual-Band (a/b) wireless network adapter. the network is 802.11b.
You are the second with this problem. I'll try to fix it. Maybe I'll make small utility that collect information about wireless network for sending me.

Quote:the WEP Status field is blank on the tooltip (WEP is enabled)
Same things Sad

Quote:when i switch to the wired network, my wireless antenna is disabled. the icon, however, continues to show the last correct signal strength, and other data. i would think that if the wireless adapter or antenna is disabled, that the icon should go grey, as if there was no signal at all.
What show the windows Connection Status dialog. It show signal too.
yup. windows' connection information is correct. let me know if you create the utility. i'd be happy to test it out.
Quote:let me know if you create the utility. i'd be happy to test it out.

And so do I Smile No data activity here either, but my WEP status is properly set to 'Enabled'.

Oh, and can you retrieve the MAC-address of the associated Access Point and the used channel? They're both listed in every wireless tool I use, but they seem missing in the TLB popup hint...
Dracula and divinity, please can you compare MAC-address (Physical address) that show Wireless Monitor and Net Monitor? Are they same or not?

Quote:Oh, and can you retrieve the MAC-address of the associated Access Point and the used channel? They're both listed in every wireless tool I use, but they seem missing in the TLB popup hint...
OK, I'll try to do this.
Quote:Dracula and divinity, please can you compare MAC-address (Physical address) that show Wireless Monitor and Net Monitor? Are they same or not?

Yes, both plugins show the same local MAC address...

And I also noticed that Net Monitor shows the 'Received' and 'Sent' values correctly... I hadn't noticed this before, because the wireless connection is normally hidden in Net Monitor Wink
One more question. What statistic show the windows Connection Status dialog in the Activity? Bytes or Frames
Both the Local Area Network and the Wireless connection show packets in the activity area. And indeed, the values are definitely not bytes, increasing only one by one...
Thaks Dracula. Now I know the problem. I've tried to solve the problem of Net Monitor with 2G overflow but now I see that not all hardware reports received/sent bytes Sad
OK, I'll try to fix it. Again thak you for help.
Hey, yuri. here's some images to show you what's going on with my wireless monitor. hopefully, this data will help you out.

the attached image here is what i see when the wireless radio is off.
and here's what it looks like immediately after i connect:
and, finally, what it looks like when i disconnect after having been connected
Yuri - BTW
It would be more correct to have the readout say

Mode: Infrastucture
or
Mode: Ad hoc

and not

Infrastructure Mode: Infrastructure
Maybe Link Mode?
how about Connection Type? This is the label used by some other programs.
Pages: 1 2