Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB not opening on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted a message on this a few months back when this was happening to a friend of mine and what you told me to do to fix it worked on my friends but now its happening to me. The things you suggested being looking for 3 keys in the registry and deleting them isnt working for me cause those keys arent in my registry so I am ata a loss. Whats weird is I have 3 TLB bars the standard quicklaunch and 2nd bar that open on the taskbar and a 3rd bar that opens at the top of the screen. Well the one at the top of the screen opens every reboot but the two on the taskbar refuse to reopen on a reboot I have to manually opn those dunno what happened but any help would be greatly appreciated.
gunbys tell me other solution of this problem:
Quote:It was found just doing a google search. I found "experts-exchange" (free sign-up to get answers) and there was a post addressing my particular problem - No toolbars after reboot. This is the URL: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operati....86.html
There were several options listed which I tried - finally fixed with change to the userinit.exe change in the registry.
Hope this can help someone else.

Edited By Yuri Kobets on Aug. 08 2004 at 11:37
Thanks for the quick response Yuri but that site wants me sign up and pay 10 bucks a month just to see the solution. thats kind of bogus. I'll search around google and see what I can find
??? I've registered by free.
Here is text from there:
Quote:open Registry Editor and navigate to this location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

In the right-pane, locate the value named "Userinit" and note down the value data (should be C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe, the correct value)

If you see any other value there, post back with details and change the value data to:

C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe,

(Assuming Windows is installed in C:\ drive)
Can't you just scroll all the way down to see the solutions?
Yeh My bad I didnt scroll all the way down but I tried all the solutions and still doesnt work. I checked the registry and that key is just the way it is supposed to bein my registry. Going to keep looking to see if I can find a solution