Tordex Community

Full Version: left side placement with buttons starting on the bottom...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all,

I just started using the product and I like to hide the bar on the left side of my screen...

But the buttons start at the top left and go down...

Is it possible to have the buttons start from the bottom left and go up...

I would like to have the buttons close to the start button in windows...

It seem like a little request but I am use to going to the start button by habit and it makes more sense to me...

Please point me in the right direction for the settings, I have looked all over but can not find the settings to do this...

thanks,
defilade
You can hold the left mouse button down on any icon, and slowly "drag" it to the left (or down)...................................I think this will acomplish what you;re looking for.........................
I think he wants to build the toolbar from the bottom going up, instead of from top going down.

Try enabling "Move to bottom" (in the context submenu "Appearance") for the top button and this will push all other buttons down as well.

Btw, when I tried this on my own existing toolbar, everything was indeed pushed down, but way too far, and all buttons were drawn on top of each other... When I try to reproduce this with a fresh new toolbar, I only see some spacing issues when the top button is "Moved to bottom": there is a gap between all buttons, which isn't there when the bar is top-aligned.
Here are two screenshots of my regular toolbar, vertically docked to the left side. In the second screenshot, I only used "Move to the bottom" for the first button (the green standby icon).

As you can see, buttons and plugins are drawn on top of each other. The effect is even more dramatic if the taskbar is smaller and buttons are in a single column.
Confusedhock: Please can you backup toolbar and send it to me?
Even better, I might have found the cause and a way to reproduce with a new toolbar.
  • Create a new toolbar (empty directory) and dock it to the left side in a single column
  • Create about 5 shortcuts, and put a separator between each of them
  • Set the appearance of the top shortcut to "Move to bottom"
    (Note: you will see additional spacing before each separator)
  • Right-click one of the shortcuts near the bottom and 'Hide' it.
    (Note: you will see all shortcuts that were above the hidden button now being drawn on top of each other)[/list:u]
    So in conclusion: separators (moved to bottom) have extra spacing, and hidden buttons (moved to bottom) cause everything above to be painted on top of each other.
Reproduced. Thank you very much!