Tordex Community

Full Version: Folders and icons not working properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Vista Home Premium, Core Duo laptop with 2GB RAM
True Launch Bar has been working perfectly.

But today, on boot, the icons in the TLB area are sort of confused.

Then, when I try to open a folder, it's very erratic. The inside folder can be black, turning white only when my cursor touches the area.

When I try to get back to the TLB task bar, I get an hourglass - cannot change anything, and must reboot with the OFF switch.

??
What TLB version do you use?

Also please can you post here the screenshot for this:
Quote:Then, when I try to open a folder, it's very erratic. The inside folder can be black, turning white only when my cursor touches the area
I cannot right-click in the toolbar area, so how can I find the version? My installation is perhaps 9-10 months old, and this is a Vista laptop.
Here is the second image - of a broken TLB.

Note the confused icons. When I try to open a folder, Explorer crashes.
Well, what TLB version you are using?
As mentioned:

"I cannot right-click in the toolbar area, so how can I find the version? My installation is perhaps 9-10 months old, and this is a Vista laptop."

Please help me find the version without clicking in the taskbar.

Thanks
Quote:"I cannot right-click in the toolbar area, so how can I find the version? My installation is perhaps 9-10 months old, and this is a Vista laptop."
Do you have the same problem when right-click every button? Do you have the problem when you right-click the Wireless Monitor plugin?

Also you can open the properties for file "C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\tlb.dll" and you'll find the version on the Details tab.
Thank you.

It is version 4.2.2.0

The same problem occurs when I click any button.

I have not checked the wireless monitor button, and it is now invisible.

I switched to the standard quick launch bar, and the problem is GONE.

It would be very difficult to work without TLB!
How can I UNINSTALL and RE-INSTALL TLB without losing any data or function?

Thanks
This is for downgrade the version:
the 1-st way:
1) Close TLB and restart
2) delete C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar\tlb.dll
3) Install any TLB version

the second way:
1) Uninstall TLB via control panel->Add Remove software
2) During uninstalling the uninstaller runs TLB Clear utility. Close it.
3) Install any version and install plugins
ok.
With TLB not running, I deleted the DLL and downloaded a new 4.2.2. I installed it.

The same problem. When I try to work with the TLB, Windows Explorer stops working.

Is there anything I can do to help you diagnosis this?
TLB was completely removed and then reinstalled. Same problem - Windows Explorer crashes. I've removed TLB.

This is a Core Duo laptop with Vista Home Premium, 2GB RAM. TLB worked well since it was first set up. I have not installed anything in several weeks. The computer is very stable.

Please tell me what to do, what to check, to get TLB working again.

Thanks
Please can you zip the folder: C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
and send it to me. I'll try to reproduce the problem.

Also you can try to delete all XML and INI files from this folder. This will reset the TLB settings (but the icons will be saved), it must work in the clear state.

BTW when TLB hangs? Is this happens when you turn on the tlb?
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you zip the folder: C:\Users\<your>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
and send it to me. I'll try to reproduce the problem.

That folder is more than 10GB - it contains all my working files, not just shortcuts. Could that be the problem?

Also you can try to delete all XML and INI files from this folder. This will reset the TLB settings (but the icons will be saved), it must work in the clear state.

I will do this immediately and see what happens.

BTW when TLB hangs? Is this happens when you turn on the tlb?

Yes. TLB hangs, and Windows Explorer crashes.
I deleted XML and INI files (hopefully all of them), and

1. Replaced the .dll file in the TLB folder. TLB hangs, and Windows Explorer crashes.

2. I downloaded TLB 4.2.2 and re-installed. Same problem.
Pages: 1 2 3