Tordex Community

Full Version: Loosing TLB Menu Icons...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I accidently drag a TLB menu icon from the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar onto the desktop the custom icon is lost. Dragging it back onto the TLB list will not restore it. It has to be manually re-applied. THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.

Quote:Just hold down SHIFT key when dragging it back to move menu back to TLB (by default TLB creates the shortcuts). Or drag with the right mouse key - TLB will show the menu.

BTW, you can lock the buttons to prevent the unwanted dragging.

Been there, done all that, no joy.

What happens is once the TLB menu icon is dragged onto the desktop it reverts to the generic yellow folder icon and my custom applied icon is lost.

I learned the hard way (after this happen several times) to always lock TLB menus. This unfortunately also prevents me from making changes to the menu by dragging and dropping so I have to unlock the menu, make the change and remember to re-lock the menu.

What has happen (more than once) is I will unlock the menu, make the change and forget to re-lock it thereby leaving TLB prone to the accidental dragging of the icon onto the desktop which reverts to the generic yellow folder icon.

This should not even be an issue, the icon should not revert to the generic yellow folder icon no matter where I drag it. If it did not change I could simply drag it back onto the TLB bar with no problem.

Pleas keep in mind that the accidental dragging of the TLB menu icon is a little more prone to happen on my system as I have the Windows Taskbar on the TOP of my screen (APPLE like). This means that the top of my screen is very busy with a lot of menus TLB and other running programs so the chance of doing an accidental drag is higher than if the Taskbar was on the bottom of the desktop.

See JPEG.

Doc
Hmm... strange, the icon for the menus must be saved on moving between toolbar and desktop. Do you use TLB version 4.4?

Quote:I learned the hard way (after this happen several times) to always lock TLB menus. This unfortunately also prevents me from making changes to the menu by dragging and dropping so I have to unlock the menu, make the change and remember to re-lock the menu.
I've tried to solve this problem in the last beta version. You can lock the button, but if you want to drag something on toolbar/menu you can hold down the SHIFT key to ignore the buttons locking.
Good to know about the Shift key while dragging to locked TLB; that does help a lot, good feature.

Yes, I am using 4.4.

See the JPEG of two icons that I just dragged to the desktop; they both reverted toi the generic yellow folder.

Doc
Original Custom Icon Set.
TLB version JPEG.
Well, now I see. But this is normal behavior. When menu (folder) outside the TLB, TLB can't to control it's icon, and Windows don't know about TLB's icons.

When you return menu back to TLB, the custom icon come back. Is this right?
THAT is the problem; once it reverts to the generic yellow folder icon (by dragging to the desktop) it stays a yellow folder icon when dragged back to the TLB toolbar; the custom icon is lost.

Not only that but the whole menu that was dragged onto the desktop is also lost. Dragging the yellow folder icon back onto TLB toolbar results in ONLY an icon with no menu.

The only way the menu (with custom icon) can be restires is with TLB's restore (assuming the customer has a TLB backup).

This is a VERY serious problem leading to the complete lost of a menu.

See the JPEG showing an icon that was dragged onto the desktop and dragged back to TLB Bar along with the window that comes up when I click on the icon (in TLB bar)

Doc
Just tested on Windows XP... working well here Sad Icons are restored. Please can you show the "setup.ini" file? This file contain the link to the icon.

Also please can you try to refresh toolbar after returning menus back. Is this restore the icons?
[settings]
IconSizes=
closeOnButton=1
hideToolbarTitle=1
submenuDelayTime=250
customSubmenuDelay=1
processWIN=0
sameWidthTextButtons=0
showFullContextMenu=1
tipsCloseTime=5000
tipsOpenTime=250
tipsShowIcon=1
btnContextMenu=
vfContextMenu=
pluginContextMenu=
emptyContextMenu=
ToolbarImage=
tbImagePos=0
tbImageDraw=0
showIconsInCtxMenu=1
MaxMenuHeight=0
LockToolbar=0
ShellMenuInSubmenu=0
DisableToChangeExtension=1
ScrollValue=0
ScrollTime=50
UseScrollBar=0
UseScrollers=1
AutoPopupTime=750
useMenuColors=0
MenuActiveColor=16777215
MenuActiveTextColor=0
MenuBackgroundColor=14019327
MenuBorderColor=13311
MenuTextColor=0
UseToolbarColor=0
ToolbarColor=-1
AnimateExpandCollapse=1
btnMarginX=7
btnMarginY=10
menuItemMarginY=0
ShowCaption=1
FlatMenu=1
FlatMenuItems=1
LargeBtnWithTextMaxWidth=60
SmallBtnWithTextMaxWidth=40
MaxTipWidth=300
MaxMenuWidth=500
SkinToolbar=1
SkinMenu=1
LargeIconsInMenus=0
SmallIconsSize=28
LargeIconsSize=28
UseDelayIconLoad=0
CaptionToTop=0
ExpandMenus=0
ShowItemsNum=0
ShowText=0
MinSize=10
ToolTipsStyle=0
ShowArrowInMenu=0
MouseHoverTime=500
PopupMenuOnHover=1
ShowMenuTitle=1
AutoPopupMenu=1
ShowMenuToolTips=1
MenuCaptionColor=14544891
MenuCaptionColor2=481927
MenuCaptionTextColor=16777215
SkinFile=
ShowShellMenuOnLink=1
ShowShellMenuOnMenu=0
LockButtons=1
AllowSingleLock=0
LockCtx=1
LockAskPwd=0
StData=
alwaysFileList=.zip;.cab
fixMenuBackground=0
defColumns=1
defSaveIcons=1
menuSeparatorColor1=0
menuSeparatorColor2=0
toolbarSeparatorColor1=0
toolbarSeparatorColor2=0
tbTextColor=16777215
tbHighlightTextColor=16777215
tbButtonBg1=8826533
tbButtonBg2=8826533
tbButtonBgVertical=1
tbButtonBorder=13311
tbButtonRounded=1
iconsMenuMargin=5
defaultAlign=1
intergralSize=0
showMenuItemHotkey=1
titlesAlign=0
runSubMenuOnClick=0
runSubMenuEnter=0
autoOpenSubmenuOnHover=1
enableAccelerators=0
expandShortcuts=0
autoCloseOnToolbar=1
showHiddenFiles=0
newVersionColors=1
MenuActiveColor2=1152443
MenuActiveGradientVert=1
ToolbarColor2=-1
tbVerticalGradient=0
ShowLastRunTime=0
ShowRunsCount=0
RecentSize=10
TransparentToolbar=0
ToolbarTranspValue=200
UseAutoClose=1
AutoCloseTime=750
UseBackgroundLoad=1
TransparentMenu=0
TransparentTooltips=0
MenuTranspValue=200
TooltipsTranspValue=170
RunOnMouseHover=0
RunHoverTime=1000
rightText=0
menuCaptionGradientVert=1
clrGlowMenuItem=-1
clrGlowMenuTitle=-1
clrGlowMenuCaption=-1
clrGlowToolbarButton=-1
translucencyAlpha=255
hideCaptionText=0
animFirstLevel=0
animFirstLevelDuration=250
animSubmenu=0
animSubmenuDuration=250
menuShadow=1
disableMenuOverlap=0
useGlobal=0
AlwaysHorizontalButtons=0
delayedMenuTime=1000
toolbarHotkey=0
disableToolbarDblClick=1
[menu caption font]
Italic=0
Weight=700
Size=16
FaceName=Arial
CharSet=0
UseDefault=0
[title font]
Italic=0
Weight=700
Size=16
FaceName=Arial
CharSet=0
TextColor=16777215
UseDefault=0
[menu font]
Italic=0
Weight=400
Size=11
FaceName=Arial
CharSet=0
UseStdMenuFont=0
[toolbar font]
Italic=0
Weight=400
Size=8
FaceName=
Tried refreshing, same problem... wrong icon and no menu.

See JPEG

Doc
I need setup.ini from the Communications folder

Quote:Tried refreshing, same problem... wrong icon and no menu.
no menu???
Setup.ini under the Communications folder.

[namespace]
link=namespace.fld
[Sorting]
FirstTimeSort=1
Communication Menu.

This menu is completly missing when the icon is dragged back to TLB Bar. All that shows up is the generic yellow folder icon. Double-clicking on the icon brings up the detached window that I previously posted as JPEG of.

Doc
Just discovered something very interesting about this problem...

With the icon on the Desktop...

If I use Shift and drag the icon back to TLB Bar it is totally restored along with the menu.

If however, I first drag it back to TLB Bar WITHOUT using Shift, than drag it back onto the Desktop, than Shift drag it to TLB Bar all is lost.

I guess the question is why is Shift needed at all? Why can't it simply be dragging back to TLB Bar?

This causes some user confusion, I know I have been bugged about this for some time. What dows Shift drag do that simply dragging does not? Can this be changed?

Doc