Tordex Community

Full Version: ICONS ICONS ICONS - keeps dropping my icons........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Were does it store the data for icons and can I edit it manually, i'm getting tired of the icons going back to the ugly ass yellow folders.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
These are my default icons for folders, I used Icon Packager 2.0 to do these:
I am not sure what the problem you are having is.

You create a menu.. Then
rightclick/Apperance/Change Icon
find the icon you like and press ok.

Should always use that icon.
Currently TLB does not support IconPackager Sad
I'm working on supporting it. In the next version I plan to release IconPackager support.
Support for Icon Packager would be great but it didn't really answer the question of what file TLB uses to store the information of what icon to use.

I changed them all and then it reverted back to the default yellow folders, where does TLB get it's info for what icons it should be using ?

What I can't understand is that the yellow folder icons are not the ones that are set there actually red folders.
The regular quick launch uses the red folders:
Hardgiant Wrote:Support for Icon Packager would be great but it didn't really answer the question of what file TLB uses to store the information of what icon to use.

I changed them all and then it reverted back to the default yellow folders, where does TLB get it's info for what icons it should be using ?

What I can't understand is that the yellow folder icons are not the ones that are set there actually red folders.
Icon Packager puts updated icons directly into system icon list. Take experiment:
Create shortcut to any folder, select properties for it and press Change Icon button. You will see the yellow icon :0

TLB store icons location inside tlbdata, but only if you change it using Appearance->Change Icon
So if I edit the shell32.dll and replace it with the red folders TLB will use them ?????????

I'm firing up resource edit.......