Tordex Community

Full Version: Weather Forecast v5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-07-2012, 01:46 PM)ir_smith Wrote: [ -> ]I just reinstalled wf
I typed in my zip to find my city code and click on find button, the program seems to lockup and nothing happens.
is there another way to find my city code? my zip is 30168

Try just putting in the name of your city and then 'Search' and see if that does it for you. There may be some Post Codes that are newer and not yet registered with the weather service provider.
Quote:There may be some Post Codes that are newer and not yet registered with the weather service provider.
ir_smith had the problems with connection (I got the screenshot by email). Now the problem is solved.
(03-10-2012, 10:55 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: [ -> ]...Now the problem is solved.
Great!
(11-20-2011, 04:19 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Now it only shows the forecast for 2 days (today and tomorrow). Is this normal?
Yes, officially Yahoo gives 2 days forecast only.

But... a small hack will give you 5 days Wink

There is a much simpler "hack" and I guess that one cannot really be "plugged"....

Yahoo gives "615702" as the code for Paris / France and displays only 2 days forecast.
Weather.com's code is "FRXX0076" and using that code instead of the default Yahoo one displays 5 days forecast no questions asked and no XML tweaking...

Unless I am doing somthing wrong (cahed weahter data ?) this hack is very simple to use and works perfectly fine....

Go get your city code from weather.com that's it...
Very good suggestion, SysATI! Works well. Anyone trying this - search for the city name and do not use the Zip Code because the city name search results in the proper code at the end of the page URL. A Zip search does not.
Pages: 1 2